PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous C284e Printing blue or cyan always

Custom Search

mphile
11-05-2014, 12:47 PM
Hello to all,

I have got this C284e MFP its printing cyan(blue) all the time even when making black and white copies they come in cyan. I have done gradation on the machine and it comes out with cyan where there must be black. What could be the problem. Machine is two months on the field still new!.

emujo
11-05-2014, 01:26 PM
Could be the Cyan developer, the X-fer belt, or a HVT issue. If you are a user, place a service call. Emujo

mphile
11-05-2014, 02:47 PM
Could be the Cyan developer, the X-fer belt, or a HVT issue. If you are a user, place a service call. Emujo

Thanks will try and replace the high voltage board and see what happens.

minimerlin
11-05-2014, 07:41 PM
Block a section of the laser path to the cyan drum..if this gives a white area strip on the print, then it is more likely to be a faulty print head.

allan
11-06-2014, 06:34 AM
Is Half-tones ok CMYK?

mphile
11-06-2014, 08:13 AM
Is Half-tones ok CMYK?

Thanks for your help guys, the half-tones are 100% fine on all the colours.

hotfuser
11-10-2014, 12:38 PM
Thanks for your help guys, the half-tones are 100% fine on all the colours.

is there any black in the copies at all?

mphile
11-10-2014, 12:50 PM
Either you print or copy there is no sign of black not even a small line. I have changed the High Voltage Board but its still giving me the blue prints.

hotfuser
11-10-2014, 12:54 PM

please tell me you have checked that they have not put cyan toner in the black toner slot as i have customers force them in and cause this problem.

wseyller
11-10-2014, 11:08 PM
I had a customer get the cyan toner in the black slot and all black print had cyan in it. Take the black developer unit out and see if the roller has cyan toner on it. I had to remove the sub hopper and clean it out then with the correct toner I ran about 50 black halftone pages and it cleared it up without having to replace the black Dev unit.

PeterG
11-11-2014, 05:56 AM
please tell me you have checked that they have not put cyan toner in the black toner slot as i have customers force them in and cause this problem.

I have a feeling that you are "on the money". I have had this before.
Amazing how "persistent" customers can be if something doesn't fit.

allan
11-11-2014, 11:26 AM
Redo all the steps in the main body setup booklet. but that is for those lines.

habik
11-12-2014, 06:36 AM
The only solution is to make the toner cups in the relevant colour but I think, there will be one or two color blind whos force will be with them at that particular moment. Nice catch guys!

Sent from my iDon't believe in marketing device using Tapatalk

mphile
11-12-2014, 09:50 AM
I had a customer get the cyan toner in the black slot and all black print had cyan in it. Take the black developer unit out and see if the roller has cyan toner on it. I had to remove the sub hopper and clean it out then with the correct toner I ran about 50 black halftone pages and it cleared it up without having to replace the black Dev unit.

Problem solved,for me its a different storry, instead of the customer swapping toners, its the technician who was setting up the machine in the workshop before it went to the field. He put the cyan toner on the black toner slot and the the black on the cyan slot(how crazy can some people we trust with new machines and call them technicians can be, but I forgive Him without Him asking for forgiveness, lets call it a mistake :rolleyes:). Thank you all for your help(mostly Hotfuser and Wseyller).

Custom Search