PDA

View Full Version : C353, serial number incorrect

Custom Search

jayg30
11-05-2014, 05:09 PM
Hello,

I am looking for some insight. I have a C353 machine that many years ago reported meter readings automatically. After the machine changed ownership and moved to a new facility they basically never set it up to automatically provide them info for meter readings and supplies.

So the other day I went into the administrator panel and set it to email a report every month with the meter readings to myself and the service companies meter reading email. The emails send fine. However this still called me yesterday. Turns out after looking deeper into the issue that the Serial Number being reported by the machine doesn't match the serial number sticker on the physical machine or what they have on file. Since I've been around the main board has never been replaced and they don't have anything on file that would make me think it has either. However when we started experiencing issues per my thread HERE (http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/konica-minolta/89841-specific-operation-cannot-performed-due-operation-another-process.html?highlight=), they did replace the HDD and reflash the firmware multiple times. Reading a few threads here it seems like there is a process if a board is replaced to input the correct machine serial number. I also saw some mention of issues because of people using the wrong firmware and various other things related to "firmware". I should mention that the problem in my other thread is STILL ongoing. I'm starting to wonder if they are incorrectly flashing the firmware, corrupting the firmware, or simply using the wrong firmware.

Does anyone have any insight? Does anyone know the what the latest firmware should be for this machine so I can verify that they didn't mess this up and be causing my long ongoing problems with the machine?

Thank You.

emujo
11-05-2014, 05:38 PM
A firmware update would not result in a sn loss. Possibly the NVRAM recovery tool was run and this caused it, but, if your machine is reporting the wrong sn then someone would have had to put the wrong info in the serial number entry in service mode. Swapping out MFP boards could have caused this also, but you state that this has not happened to your knowledge. It's possible that an "all data clear" erased this info. Assuming that all else is working fine (did not read your thread) you can simply go into service mode and enter the correct serial number. You may get a license management error after this, but it can easily be resolved through KM's LMS department. Emujo

jayg30
11-05-2014, 05:47 PM
A firmware update would not result in a sn loss. Possibly the NVRAM recovery tool was run and this caused it, but, if your machine is reporting the wrong sn then someone would have had to put the wrong info in the serial number entry in service mode. Swapping out MFP boards could have caused this also, but you state that this has not happened to your knowledge. It's possible that an "all data clear" erased this info. Assuming that all else is working fine (did not read your thread) you can simply go into service mode and enter the correct serial number. You may get a license management error after this, but it can easily be resolved through KM's LMS department. Emujo

Thanks, that makes sense.

I know how to get into the service menu, but I'll get the tech out instead of doing it since they have said they don't want people going in there (understandable). Either the board was replaced before I ever recieved it or they went to enter the number in but grabbed the wrong one. I had a hard time finding the right serial number because it was hidden by the finishing unit which had it's own serial number sticker and also a high capacity draw at the bottom with another serial number sticker.

I should have read the end of my other thread first, I missed that someone reported back to me that it looks like the firmware on my machine was a special firmware based on the correct base firmware (no idea why they loaded a special firmware, perhaps it was the newest).

Custom Search