PDA

View Full Version : BIZHUB C451 Frequent Printer board failure

Custom Search

cokwax
11-06-2014, 09:35 AM
I have replaced 3 printer boards so far and a fourth one is now required.
The machine fails to complete image stabilization on start up and displays p-6, p-7, p-8, p-9.
When the printer board is replaced, machine works normally for a few days before the problem re-occurs.
These boards are expensive. Is there any way of handling this problem without having to replace the board?
Note: I have bought a big stabilizer for it but wouldn't wish to buy another printer control board.

habik
11-06-2014, 01:40 PM
I have replaced 3 printer boards so far and a fourth one is now required.
The machine fails to complete image stabilization on start up and displays p-6, p-7, p-8, p-9.
When the printer board is replaced, machine works normally for a few days before the problem re-occurs.
These boards are expensive. Is there any way of handling this problem without having to replace the board?
Note: I have bought a big stabilizer for it but wouldn't wish to buy another printer control board.

What is the mileage on the machine?

Those code are for IU's . Are you running the PPLM firmware for long life? How old are the IU's? What about the IDC sensors front and back,have you tried to replace them? One of them might be bad giving the Printer board hard time causing it to either fail (unlikely) unless your BK IU is dropping a lot of dev and is somehow transmitted on the IDC shortening it out.

Have you checked the printer head relay board? Check for any burns etc..

If you think it is coming from PWR supply. do you get correct voltages? 24V and 5V?

habik
11-07-2014, 09:56 PM
Any luck?

Sent from my iDon't believe in marketing device using Tapatalk

EarthKmTech
11-08-2014, 12:08 AM
get a ohm meter and find out which ICP is blowing.

this will tell you which powered device is drawing excess current and is the real problem. Are you actually a technician, because this is something that should of been checked on the original board before even fitting the new one.

cokwax
03-06-2015, 01:56 PM
Print head was the problem.

Custom Search