PDA

View Full Version : C284e Unable to update through print driver

Custom Search

copier addict
11-07-2014, 07:08 PM
We just got two previously owned C284e copiers in. They came from the same original business and on both of them I am unable to update options through the print driver using the "obtain device information" tab. I am thinking there is a setting on the machine to allow this, but I don't know what the setting is. Any help is appreciated.
Thanks
Darren

copier addict
11-07-2014, 08:19 PM
Ooooops. It was my own fault. I was using a black and white e driver and not a colour e driver. So confusing. lol

EarthKmTech
11-08-2014, 12:01 AM
For anyone else experiencing this,

This is also caused by having the management version of the machine newer than what the driver installed supports. Always use the latest drivers off the website, the driver disks should always be used as coffee coasters or put straight in the trash where they belong.

emujo
11-08-2014, 04:03 PM
Good info, but I'd like to add...Going with the latest driver will not always work either. If you open the "config" tab within driver properties, the right side info box (device, options, authentication settings etc..) shows what maintenance version the driver supports. The 5.1.3.0 drivers support 4/5/6/7. If your MFP is at version 3, then the driver will fail to "get info" and you will have issues, especially when using account track or user authentication. Emujo

EarthKmTech
11-09-2014, 12:57 AM
Wow, I did not know they dropped support for version 3, something to bear in mind.

habik
11-09-2014, 06:04 PM
Good info, but I'd like to add...Going with the latest driver will not always work either. If you open the "config" tab within driver properties, the right side info box (device, options, authentication settings etc..) shows what maintenance version the driver supports. The 5.1.3.0 drivers support 4/5/6/7. If your MFP is at version 3, then the driver will fail to "get info" and you will have issues, especially when using account track or user authentication. Emujo

Thanks Emujo!

Sent from my iDon't believe in marketing device using Tapatalk

Custom Search