PDA

View Full Version : Minolta Di-351, edges issue

Custom Search

Hansoon
04-26-2008, 08:04 PM
Minolta Di-351, adjusted the leading and trailing edge to minimum which works good for copying but when printing especially the trailing edge, but also the leading edge, are too large and will not respond to the adjustment. I never had an issue before with it so I'm not sure what the standard should be for printing but this customer complains about it cause it takes away exactly the last digits out of a column in an Excel sheet. Any idea's? Hans

Downunder
04-26-2008, 11:00 PM
It might be that the registration clutch is slipping. Depending on the mileage of the copier it can sometimes be the registration bearings top and bottom on both sides. They become elongated from the pressure. I have seen them wear completely through. If no clutch available I usually remove it and drown it in IPA, dry it off and reinstall.

nmfaxman
04-27-2008, 06:36 AM
It sounds like a application problem to me. Check the print preview in excell to show where the end of page is. You can adjust the copier all day long, but if the margins in exell are off it will print what it wants.
Try printing something from notepad that is edge to edge.

Hansoon
04-27-2008, 07:08 AM
Thanks for the input guys.
Try printing something from notepad that is edge to edge.

That's what I tried from the beginning and there its the same problem. About 5 mm wide trailing edge. The leading edge is a bit smaller around 4 mm. I don't believe its the machine neither application. There is something in the driver or, less likely, in the controller doing this I fear. Hansoon

Frostwolf
04-27-2008, 03:22 PM
Most likely the limitation of the print driver. The application gets the margins from the print driver. Try another print driver, PCL in the HP series if possible (HP5si or hp 5 & 4 work well). The application will normally show you the limits of the margins. If it is necessary to print beyond the normal margins you could trick the copier to print closer to the trail edge and side edges by specifying a custom size of paper in the driver (if supported) and Application, and at the machine. I Can't remember if the 351 will let you run a custom size out ot the 1st tray or not. But make sure to make the paper size larger by just enough to cover the edge erase, to large of length added will jam the machine and to large width and length will transfer image to the transfer roller)

One issue with running an HP driver is tray 1 normal translates to tray 2 on Konica Minolta. So try the Manual feed tray for tray 1.

Good luck, hope that made some sense

Custom Search