PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub C353 driver issues with options installed

Custom Search

groovy
11-10-2014, 06:16 PM
Hi all,
here i have a Bizhub C353 installed on various Windows 7 boxes over ethernet cable.
The copier has many options: like finisher, saddle kit, paper drawer.
Installed 2 months ago, today the printer driver cannot recognize all the options installed, so i can't select the paper source 3, i can't do saddle fold or staple.
If i look at the printer properties the options are correcly listed, but when i go for print a document the driver says that are not installed.
When i see this, i usually change the printer driver from the original (konica Minolta) to the Midrosoft version (XPS driver), close all the printer panel, rechange to the original and all the options are avaible again.
It works for a month or two, and then disappears again.
I know for sure it is not a network-related problem because in the device settings panel all the options are listed correctly (and the listing is populated by asking to the copier)
Tried only PCL6 driver (postscript is too heavy) both english and italian version, still same problem.
Any info?
Luigi - Digitalix

shashig
11-11-2014, 09:21 AM
Hi all,
here i have a Bizhub C353 installed on various Windows 7 boxes over ethernet cable.
The copier has many options: like finisher, saddle kit, paper drawer.
Installed 2 months ago, today the printer driver cannot recognize all the options installed, so i can't select the paper source 3, i can't do saddle fold or staple.
If i look at the printer properties the options are correcly listed, but when i go for print a document the driver says that are not installed.
When i see this, i usually change the printer driver from the original (konica Minolta) to the Midrosoft version (XPS driver), close all the printer panel, rechange to the original and all the options are avaible again.
It works for a month or two, and then disappears again.
I know for sure it is not a network-related problem because in the device settings panel all the options are listed correctly (and the listing is populated by asking to the copier)
Tried only PCL6 driver (postscript is too heavy) both english and italian version, still same problem.
Any info?
Luigi - Digitalix

hi

you must try the km universal driver.

habik
11-12-2014, 06:46 AM
I'd say you may have a mismatch of firmwares on machine and finisher and Saddle. Or variation of function enhanced model.
Have you bought this machine as full set? Was the latest firmware loaded? When yes are you using the latest driver from the same vendor?

Sent from my iDon't believe in marketing device using Tapatalk

John Kaufmann
12-15-2019, 10:55 PM
you must try the km universal driver.

This thread is five years old, but the problem keeps recurring, so for the sake of others with drivers that either:

(a) do not recognize the finisher options, or
(b) have option fields that are progressively (from top-to-bottom of window) unusable under Windows 10 (because of W10's change in the way windows are rendered with scaling to accommodate wide/higher-res screens),

I want to reinforce that point for Windows 10x64: try KM's Universal driver (PCL or PS). Because it communicates with the machine to complete its setup, the Universal driver may well do everything you might want from a model-specific driver. You may save a lot of time by starting with a Universal driver.

rrrohan
12-16-2019, 04:53 AM
if under print properties it has all the finisher options but in print preferences you dont that is very odd

Custom Search