PDA

View Full Version : BIZHUB C353 transfer belt wear

Custom Search

visaliagraph
11-13-2014, 12:40 AM
I've had an on going issue with my transfer belts getting worn on one side in my c353 Bizhub. The wear is about 2 inches from the edge of the belt towards the center and is always on the same side. It almost looks like heat damage, a sort of scuffed material that isn't shiny anymore and it causes the toner to lighten on the prints. Any ideas what could cause this? I have three of these printers this is the only one that has this reoccuring problem. Thanks in advance!

blackcat4866
11-13-2014, 12:47 AM
Check for matching scuff marks on the image units, and anywhere else in the cavity surrounding the belt. The last time I saw something like this there was a chunk of broken plastic wedged behind the 2nd transfer roller. It had carved out a wedge of the 2nd transfer roller, and occasionally surfaced long enough to score up the primary belt. =^..^=

visaliagraph
11-13-2014, 01:04 AM
I've had an on going issue with my transfer belts getting worn on one side in my c353 Bizhub. The wear is about 2 inches from the edge of the belt towards the center and is always on the same side. It almost looks like heat damage, a sort of scuffed material that isn't shiny anymore and it causes the toner to lighten on the prints. Any ideas what could cause this? I have three of these printers this is the only one that has this reoccuring problem. Thanks in advance!

Another strange fact is only the prints from the LCT show the lighter toner fade. The trays are fine. Weird to me.

blackcat4866
11-13-2014, 01:40 AM
Another strange fact is only the prints from the LCT show the lighter toner fade. The trays are fine. Weird to me.

Maybe moist paper patterns? Does it change duplex? What media type? Is it set to the proper media type? =^..^=

JR2ALTA
11-13-2014, 02:51 AM
wear on the edges is pretty normal. transfer belts are tricky devils, Konica 552s can look like the've been through a trash compactor and still produce great copies.

maybe you should print out some gradation charts to see which color and what clues stand out.

habik
11-13-2014, 03:15 PM
Check for flipped LED eraser cover upwards. Had it once.

Sent from my iDon't believe in marketing device using Tapatalk

Custom Search