PDA

View Full Version : pro c6500 transfer belt walking off.

Custom Search

MVPunisher
11-14-2014, 08:07 PM
I replaced that tension roller, spacers etc. Can't seem to resolve the transfer belt from walking off.

Any suggestions?

CopyJunkie
11-14-2014, 10:28 PM
I'm guessing all the bearings are all in the correct place so...

DSM once told me that between 1mil and 1.5mil you will have to replace the entire transfer belt. After pulling the Transfer belt in and out, resting it on its kickstand, the frame is probably warped.

wseyller
11-14-2014, 10:49 PM
I don't work on these but is the main body level?

1FRY1
11-16-2014, 10:10 PM
The transfer belt unit is not that expensive, Less than a PM kit.

The most common problem is the transfer belt moving to the back causing 4520 codes.

This is a well known problem dating back years. You are quite obscure on the direction of movement which makes me ponder your experience on this machine.

Read the tech info on movement and the adjustment to counteract it.

Copyjunkie has a good point, replace the unit??

Are you familiar with the machine??

good luck

MVPunisher
11-17-2014, 02:43 PM
4520 and slide to the rear is exact problem you nailed it.

I am becoming more experienced as I go here with this machine but you are correct, I have limited production experience. Have not dealt with a belt sliding issue before.

I have already tried all Konica suggestions including adjusting the cam last.

I will replace the belt unit.

Thanks guys.

Desert Rat
11-18-2014, 05:24 PM
I have had luck doing this, with the belt off lay the assembly flat and see if it is tipsy. If one corner is not down it is concidered
twisted.
Even if it is not real noticeable, loosen the main screws around the frame. Let it relax to flat and carefully tighten the screws.
Lay it on the other side to check for flatness.
I was about to replace one and I tried this, and it seemed to work. Also what is the copy count on the rollers and belt?
The belt will stretch over time and the rollers may wear unevenly causing the belt to move.

HTH

DR

Custom Search