PDA

View Full Version : Need set of imaging units for Bizhub C203

Custom Search

axyun
11-16-2014, 12:58 AM
Need set of I.U.s for C203. They can be rather expensive and was hoping someone could suggest place with good pricing. The Black unit is considerably cheaper that the colors and i was wondering if it made sense to buy 4 blacks one and swap out the drums and other recommended parts to color units.

Naturally, I would much rather buy new color units but need good pricing. Customer has price of $495 on each color IU from a competitor online. I saw that Oce has same machine. and some company in Netherlans is selling set for $750. Customer is buying for stock so no pressure do immediately but don't want to take so long that customer opts to buy elsewhere. Frank/ActionPhotocopy

JR2ALTA
11-16-2014, 03:41 AM
googled action photocopy, comes back bensonhurst brooklyn, man i bet you could tell some amazing stories of that place back in the 60s, 70s, 80s. home of doo-wop, stickball and daper dons.

anyway. is your machine calling for drums or exhibiting poor copy quality? the reason i ask is that there is firmware available that will eliminate the "change drum, fuser, transfer belt" messages. it's available on the Konica website and through Paul on this site. The other choice is to buy the chips that trick the machine into thinking it's a new unit. Those are available on this site through an advertiser.

You can't change between colors because the drum and developer are one unit. On the newer Konica color the drum and developer are separate units and you can put black drums on color developers to save money. need the right chip though.

axyun
11-16-2014, 05:46 AM
Thanks but I already reset the drum counts once with chips so I will need changed them this time around. Customer asked if i could do it again when needed but said it was not advisable for a 3rd cycle.

I have only lived in Bensonhurst for 5 years and it has changed from the days you mention. I am from East Harlem originally and Pleasant Avenue and there you are talking about some serious jistory also Purple Gang etc.

Let me know if you know where i can get new IUs at best possible pricing. Frank

Blizzoo
11-16-2014, 10:40 AM
http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/konica-minolta/93451-oc-imaging-units-konica-minolta.html

In this thread we found that Oce imaging units fits 100%,i'ts about a C353.

paulrid
11-16-2014, 11:03 AM
You have a couple of choices, you can get kits to rebuild the IU new drum, blade, chip and dev as long as the mag roller in the dev unit isn't damaged this should work just fine. You can also buy a remanufactured IU where it's probably a black IU changed to colour or do it yourself, you would need a black IU then change the end cap or removed the bits that only allow it to go in the black slot. The new chip let's say cyan then put the IU into the cyan slot and run a few hundred full bleeds through it until it has changed from black to cyan.

copier addict
11-16-2014, 01:54 PM
You have a couple of choices, you can get kits to rebuild the IU new drum, blade, chip and dev as long as the mag roller in the dev unit isn't damaged this should work just fine. You can also buy a remanufactured IU where it's probably a black IU changed to colour or do it yourself, you would need a black IU then change the end cap or removed the bits that only allow it to go in the black slot. The new chip let's say cyan then put the IU into the cyan slot and run a few hundred full bleeds through it until it has changed from black to cyan.

I think it would code out before you got even one page through it.

paulrid
11-16-2014, 02:45 PM

Both methods work fine, all the IU's are the same apart from end caps, chips and colour of the toner.

axyun
11-16-2014, 03:17 PM
What about the Oce option . Are they cheaper ? I'll do some research. I think the model is 163 but I'll check it out and get back here with some info. As I said some company is selling set of 4 for $750 which sounds a lot better that what i have seen so far on the KM IUs. Frank

jotunn
11-17-2014, 11:15 AM

Why do yo think so? ;]

axyun
11-17-2014, 03:14 PM
Hi Jotunn
I think so because i have been pricing new OEM units from distributors and other sources and finding that the color units are in the high $300s. Also thes are OEM units , not compatible. The only difference may be european chips but I can get aa set of 4 chips for less than $25 which I already have on order anyway.
With the shipping and changing of chips the 4 drum units would come to $869. That comes to about $260 per color and $89 for black. I know If I have the time I get get them cheaper 1 at a time from sellers looking to get rid of them.. What do you think? Frank

copier addict
11-17-2014, 07:17 PM
Why do yo think so? ;]

I would think as soon as it puts the test pattern on the belt at initialization it wouldn't see any cyan and that would cause an issue.
I could be wrong though.

jotunn
11-17-2014, 08:02 PM
I would think as soon as it puts the test pattern on the belt at initialization it wouldn't see any cyan and that would cause an issue.
I could be wrong though.

IDC sensors measure density of patterns, not color.
All of them could be black, and there is no difference for the machine. Important parameters are density and timing for those patterns. ;]

jotunn
11-17-2014, 08:24 PM
Hi Jotunn
I think so because i have been pricing new OEM units from distributors and other sources and finding that the color units are in the high $300s. Also thes are OEM units , not compatible. The only difference may be european chips but I can get aa set of 4 chips for less than $25 which I already have on order anyway.
With the shipping and changing of chips the 4 drum units would come to $869. That comes to about $260 per color and $89 for black. I know If I have the time I get get them cheaper 1 at a time from sellers looking to get rid of them.. What do you think? Frank

Well my original message was addressed to copier addict, but... you have some directions in your inbox :)

KM lies in many cases, but this is their way for business.

axyun
11-17-2014, 08:43 PM
Well you have convinced me Jotunn. No more polish jokes from me. There is an amazingly beautiful Polish woman , late 30s early 40s ,in my building. She is beautiful and drives me crazy every time i see her. She is a widow a couple of years now and her husband died while she was pregnant or just after giving birth.

She always gives me a big hello and one of these days I am going to pop the question. "May I help you with your groceries, Ivana?" She gave me some Kielbasa one day and I have since referred to her as the Kielbasa Queen. Have a great day Jotunn. Frank

Custom Search