PDA

View Full Version : FK-511 receive problems

Custom Search

stickfly
11-19-2014, 08:55 PM
Hi,
I've got to look at a Bizhub c364 fitted with a FK-511 in London tomorrow.
The problem is that when a fax is received the machine fans start up and the machine is receiving the fax but nothing prints out.
At the senders end they get an error T3 and at the receiving machine an error R73.
Then if the machine is rebooted it will print the fax.
Any ideas before I attend.
Regards ............ G

rolls.bo
11-20-2014, 09:32 PM
1. From Service Mode
◦ ==> FAX Settings
◦ ==> Communication
◦ ==> Protocol set "ON" the "V.29 EP Tone" Protocol and set "OFF" all other faster protocolls.

2. From Service Mode
◦ ==> FAX Settings
◦ ==> Communication
◦ ==> Others we have set "OFF" the "ECM Function"

Gift
11-21-2014, 07:33 AM
Does it occur with specific stations or all the time? We had a few FK's with odd and reproduceable behaviours replaced after rewriting firmware/check connections...

emujo
11-21-2014, 04:53 PM
The wrong marketing area can cause this issue also. Emujo

rolls.bo
11-21-2014, 06:29 PM
that's right
this setting is set during installation as per the technical manual

emujo
11-21-2014, 08:46 PM
Additionally, we have thousands of these fax kits around the country, and I'm sure many times that amount around the world, and 99% of them work 100% of the time. If the issue is not due to a setting issue, (and I'm in agreement with the ECM error correction turned off, and selecting MH/MR/MMH as defaults), or a true MFP problem, the other setting changes are usually modified to accommodate a digital, or VOIP fax line. If I am seeing these kind of errors, I will inquire as to whether or not they are using an analog line. If no, then I simply wrap it up and tell them this is not supported by us, If they say yes, then I ask to see the line, or a bill from the company showing they are paying for a copper wire line. Many times they are not even aware that they have only a T1 line coming in and that "fax line" is really a digital line. It seems that the older Bizhub lines (500/350 ect) were a little more forgiving on digital lines, but anything since the C650 and later has a microprocessor controlled fax and these are very intolerant of anything outside the required specs. Usually the symptoms are (along with the codes you are seeing) half pages, or drop offs after the 3rd page of 17 etc. Stand your ground with this stuff, and force your sales staff to ask the right questions before the deal is sold and you're stuck with having to "fix" a fax issue that isn't a MFP issue. Emujo

rolls.bo
11-22-2014, 08:49 PM
right, I agree

For the European technical from portal INFOHUB there's TAEU0800008EN which explains the lack of compatibility with VOIP lines

bye

HoonBoy
11-22-2014, 10:34 PM
right, I agree

For the European technical from portal INFOHUB there's TAEU0800008EN which explains the lack of compatibility with VOIP lines

bye

Would you be so kind to share this document, could come in handy to use in next "discusion" with VOIP supplier...:p

Custom Search