PDA

View Full Version : C550 Fax Line is Busy

Custom Search

copierwhisper
11-20-2014, 12:04 AM
I have a customer with a C550 and they receive tons of faxes all day long, previously when the machine was receiving one fax and another one was coming in behind it the machine would put it into memory until the first fax was completed. This way nobody got a busy signal, something has changed and now when a fax is being received all other incoming faxes get a busy signal. Any ideas on how to allow for multiple faxes to be received at once?

mjunkaged
11-20-2014, 12:41 AM
Okay, I've been servicing all brands of fax for over 2 decades now, and last time I checked, a SINGLE line fax machine (any brand/type) can only RX or TX ONE fax call at a time. IF it's a 2-line, it can do TWO at a time, etc. I think you mean that while it's printing the last fax, it can take the next call, because the line is back 'on hook' at that point.
Make sure the fax line is plugged into the 'LINE' port, not "EXT or TEL" or whatever the WRONG jack is labeled on that model. I forget. Listening to the line, calling the fax number, and plugging a cheap telephone into the fax line for testing are other procedures you can try. If they have a 'never busy' fax service, then it's a problem with that service most likely. That's done at the telco CO.

copierwhisper
11-20-2014, 01:26 AM
I understand, thank you for your post mjunkaged~ I too thought the fax line can only take one call at a time just like a telephone call. The customer switch to Sonic fiber optic service and it could not handle the volume of fax calls coming in so they added a traditional land line for faxing only, now the faxes come in no problem but at times people faxing them are calling to say the line is busy. Before switching the phone service the line was never busy, the faxes somehow waited until the line was available. My customer says they were held in the memory of the machine and printed out once the line was open... I never heard of that so I posted it here to see what other techs have to say. Perhaps you're right and they had a "never busy fax line service" of some kind previously.

allan
11-20-2014, 06:38 AM
They must of had some or other fax server service with polling setup. That is the only thing that makes sense.

EarthKmTech
11-20-2014, 01:02 PM
Either way its a hands washing excersize, its not a machine fault and not your problem.

Custom Search