PDA

View Full Version : C360 with Account Tracking On and Mac Users

Custom Search

copierwhisper
11-20-2014, 12:07 AM
Hello!

I have a customer with a Konica Minolta C360 with account tracking turned on and all the PC's work fine, but the users running Mac cannot find where or how to enter their account tracking code from their computer. Any ideas? I have some of them running Maverick and Yosmite (OS 10.9 and OS 10.10).

blackcat4866
11-20-2014, 01:23 AM
I did this on a Toshiba setup the other day. It shouldn't be any different from the Mac side:

To set up Dept Code in Mac driver: Open any text document > Print > Show Details > "Safari" or "Layout" drop down to Print Mode > "Department Codes-Disable" drop down to Department Code-Enabled > enter Dept Code > "Default Settings" drop down to Save Current settings as Default > Print.
=^..^=

wseyller
11-20-2014, 02:44 AM
On km device after choosing show details I think the drop down option is "Output Method". You should then find account track and authentication settings there. Just make sure you are using the correct driver for the model in use or it will never work.

darry1322
11-20-2014, 02:29 PM
The key point is you have to have a document pulled up to print before you can find the settings menu for account codes.

copierwhisper
11-21-2014, 04:19 PM
Thank you for the input! I'm heading the customer this afternoon to try out the settings! My last question for now is, will the settings hold or does the user have to do this process every time they print? Is there a way to enter their code "permanently"?

emujo
11-21-2014, 04:22 PM
You will see the "save" checkbox when you enter the id info. Be advised, not every MAC app supports the account code/user authentication entry. If it's there on some but not on the others, it's not a driver issue. Emujo

blackcat4866
11-21-2014, 04:27 PM
I did this on a Toshiba setup the other day. It shouldn't be any different from the Mac side:

To set up Dept Code in Mac driver: Open any text document > Print > Show Details > "Safari" or "Layout" drop down to Print Mode > "Department Codes-Disable" drop down to Department Code-Enabled > enter Dept Code > "Default Settings" drop down to Save Current settings as Default > Print.
=^..^=

Does this answer your question? =^..^=

copierwhisper
11-21-2014, 04:38 PM
Thank you!!!!

Custom Search