PDA

View Full Version : Jamming BH284e series - weird duplex jams

Custom Search

Gift
11-20-2014, 01:09 PM
We have some repeating cases with odd duplex jamming. 2 machines has been swapped because we haven't found the cause, another is is currently an open case. It happens at irregular intervals.

This is what happens:

Machine put the duplex job directly towards and completely out of the paper exit output instead of moving it further upwards to the duplex-exit - like if you do a single copy :mad:
Jam counts are added up at "Paper Exit".

These parts has been swapped during investigation:

- all involved sensors
- paper exit junction gate + magnet
- paper exit unit (complete assy with gates...)
- exit drive motor
- printer control board
- paper reversal unit

We haven't much B/W models in the field and it seem that the problems does only come up with the first production batches. Paper path is pretty much the same as the COL engine and we have plenty of them in the field with no such issue.

Perhaps you guys have some hints because I'm not fancy about entire MFP swaps.

HoonBoy
11-22-2014, 10:23 AM
The most common problem is that the foam cushions for the duplex turnover guides get sticky and the guides get stuck... J-3201 and J-3205 it will cause.

If the paper is very moist it can also genarate these kind of jams, set warmup mode to 3 or 4 and lower the fusing temparture or fusing speed could also help.

I had one machine with weird (duplex) jams(J-2002 and J-9202)... and it ended up being the registration actuator spring that was not put correctly(factory).
The spring was put twisted...

Good luck!

copier tech
11-23-2014, 11:41 PM
Personally the FIRST thing I do on any KM is update the firmware, infact I flash the firmware on EVERY KM I visit, only then do I trouble shoot.

Gift
11-24-2014, 10:30 AM
Thanks for your replies. We always keep firmware up to date so I can easily outrule that. Sticky cushions are a bit unusual when it comes to machines that are just a few month old but this has been outrules, too since the involved parts has been replaced. Will check this reg actuator spring, tough - thanks

CraigW
11-24-2014, 08:47 PM
What jam #s are you getting on the management list ???

wseyller
11-25-2014, 12:25 AM
Reminds me of an issue I saw in this thread. http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/konica-minolta/93292-bizhub-c454-32-01-jams.html

I was assisting another tech with it and I was told he was going to replace the prcb but never heard if he resolved it. If I see him next time I will ask.

fishleg
12-04-2014, 08:21 AM
We have seen this a few times, remove sticky pads both sides usually fixes it. Had one time where it was the exit noid as well but only once.

deepdiver
12-04-2014, 11:16 PM
I have had about 6 copiers with J32-05. This problem I thought was to do with their paper (70gsm) but I have also seen it on 80gsm paper as well, though not as much. It is mainly to do with DUPLEX printing and paper curl. All their copiers are default set to DUPLEXAttached is solution as found on info hub.

If you don't want to read it, simply change these 2 settings.

Change the warm up mode.Service mode > System 1 > warm up & set to MODE 3

Service Mode > Machine > Fusing Temperature & set to -10

So far this seems to have worked

wseyller
12-22-2014, 04:12 PM
Still dealing with this issue on a C554

3201 jam codes
Only seems to happen on the first page or when paper runs out and job starts back up.

Updated Firmware

Changed:
Fuser
Fuser Motor
Duplex reverse section which includes duplex gate and soleniod.
MFPB
PRCB

On Friday changed the warmup and temp as suggested above and still does not help

Customer is using Georgia-Pacific 20lb (75 g/m2) 92 bright

Kombucha01
02-16-2015, 09:39 PM
Hello! Any news with this problem ? I got the same problem today ... :(

wseyller
02-16-2015, 11:52 PM
I don't know exactly the detail of this but another tech at our office had two of these and changed everything related. Somehow he managed to add some electrical tape somewhere for the duplex gate that either kept it from actuating either too little or too much. But it is something with that gate and he was able to finally make it work consistently.

Synaux
02-16-2015, 11:55 PM
Still dealing with this issue on a C554

3201 jam codes
Only seems to happen on the first page or when paper runs out and job starts back up.

Updated Firmware

Changed:
Fuser
Fuser Motor
Duplex reverse section which includes duplex gate and soleniod.
MFPB
PRCB

On Friday changed the warmup and temp as suggested above and still does not help

Customer is using Georgia-Pacific 20lb (75 g/m2) 92 bright

I dunno, but that Georgia-Pacific 20lb (75 g/m2) 92 bright paper is a little on the crappy side.
Each ream is cut to a different size and if they are getting it at Walmart, those idiots must be bouncing the boxes off shit and throwing them across the warehouse with a overhead crane or something. I have never seen anything like it.

I tell everyone to run 22-24# paper and train them on how to fan the paper (all four sides--seems to reduce a lot of paper dust).

renot
02-26-2015, 09:42 PM
Has anyone been able to come up with a fix for this problem? I have had limited success by removing part of the return spring that goes to the gate, but the problem returned about a month later.

Dijan
03-04-2015, 10:11 PM
same weird problem, check the Photointerrupter(PS1) in the CONVEYANCE SECTION did not work well

We have replaced Photointerrupter problem solved!

eaglecopier
09-15-2015, 04:07 PM
Thanks for the information

tech51
09-15-2015, 06:15 PM
I had a c554 doing this and it turned out to be a worn exit actuator. I would change that along with its return spring and photo sensor.

leprosydog777
03-01-2018, 10:49 PM
hello i have just seen this familiar problem very intermittent jamming when duplex but paper goes out on bridge exit instead of inverter so i removed both gate cushions work for about 3 days now it’s come back.I am leaning toward gate solenoid what do you think

Synthohol
03-02-2018, 06:58 PM
Try adding this.
It's on backorder so good luck...

barber782
03-09-2018, 12:22 PM
Synthohol, could you provide the part number for that holding pad as I can't see the last digits of the number on your screen shot. Cheers

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Synthohol
03-09-2018, 12:27 PM
A7PU890800

jwrycza
03-16-2018, 03:36 PM
I have run into a bunch of these jams. There are sticky pads on both the door and the gate. Look closely. Also I have found that the top of the doors get tweaked inward causing too tight of a gap so the gate cannot move properly. You may have to tweak it out a bit. I have been pretty successful with these fixes.

barber782
03-20-2018, 01:29 PM
Found that removing the 2 pads on the door helps and shortening the spring for the paper gate.
Fitted part mentioned before bit had bounce back .

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

SAR
03-22-2018, 08:29 PM
If you're willing to spend $127 dollars, you can fix this problem once and for all. We have fought this problem on this series of machines and have tried all of these different fixes listed on here with limited success. They have a new and improved exit unit you can get for these that we have had 100% success with and it's cheap. Be sure you have the most up to date parts manual for the model and order the whole exit unit.

copytech,mike
01-27-2022, 07:04 PM
We have some repeating cases with odd duplex jamming. 2 machines has been swapped because we haven't found the cause, another is is currently an open case. It happens at irregular intervals.

This is what happens:

Machine put the duplex job directly towards and completely out of the paper exit output instead of moving it further upwards to the duplex-exit - like if you do a single copy :mad:
Jam counts are added up at "Paper Exit".

These parts has been swapped during investigation:

- all involved sensors
- paper exit junction gate + magnet
- paper exit unit (complete assy with gates...)
- exit drive motor
- printer control board
- paper reversal unit

We haven't much B/W models in the field and it seem that the problems does only come up with the first production batches. Paper path is pretty much the same as the COL engine and we have plenty of them in the field with no such issue.

Perhaps you guys have some hints because I'm not fancy about entire MFP swaps.

It seems to be a common problem on all bizhub copiers. It might also be the fuser drive unit unit and its 2 cluches. Factory puts gease in them! Thanks for the tips about the duplex gate getting stuck.

Gift
01-28-2022, 07:14 AM
Ohps, I started this 2014 and no update, sorry.

At that time this series was new and the problem came (usually) from the duplex entrance unit wich is located at the top of the side door. Several modifications has been made by KM shortly after the release and since this series got old we have some age-related probs with the exit unit every now and then, too.

Custom Search