PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous Bizhub C451 printing problem

Custom Search

copyplus
11-20-2014, 11:28 PM
My Bizhub C451 was working great since last week. I turned the machine off in the evening and next morning when I turned on it started printing with lot of toner on it and color was changed to black and white (see page 1) and then after making about 20 copies it still gave me lot of toner in the background but started giving me color. After printing about 40/50 copies the machine starting printing clear and crisp copies. The same thing happened the next morning. Now I do not turn off the machine and it is working fine. What is causing the machine to print like that when I turn it on in the morning? Any help will be appreciated. thanks27175

Zackuth
11-21-2014, 02:00 PM
The problem could be a firmware issue, a hard drive issue, or something wrong with the power/outlet the machine is plugged into. At least that is where I'd first start looking. You can shut down the copier and check the plug for signs of arcing, the plug prongs should be smooth, any rough or black spots would indicate arcing, if so call and electrician and have the plug fixed.

copyplus
11-22-2014, 12:22 AM
My machine runs fine if I don't turn it off. It gives me problem only if I turn if off in the evening and turn on next morning. That machine has been working fine since I installed it in May of this year.

My all the imaging units on my Bizhub C451 and C203 are working fine. I just want to know if I want to just change the drums of the imaging units on these machines which drum will fit and which developer will be needed (from other bizhub models).

copier tech
11-25-2014, 10:02 AM
What is the environment like, does the temperature drop significantly over night, condensation could form inside the copier, on the drums & transfer belt, usually when the office heating starts up first thing in the morning.

tulintron
11-25-2014, 11:24 AM
My Bizhub C451 was working great since last week. I turned the machine off in the evening and next morning when I turned on it started printing with lot of toner on it and color was changed to black and white (see page 1) and then after making about 20 copies it still gave me lot of toner in the background but started giving me color. After printing about 40/50 copies the machine starting printing clear and crisp copies. The same thing happened the next morning. Now I do not turn off the machine and it is working fine. What is causing the machine to print like that when I turn it on in the morning? Any help will be appreciated. thanks27175

In my view, we have two problems !!!

First - UI K C451 are problematic with bad contact. Other models already have UI K screwed.

Two - The absence of other colors may be the clutch triggers the transfer of the belt. When it fails, so transfers black, but can produce the day
all in trouble. Intermittent defect.

I have helped.

Smyers
11-25-2014, 12:29 PM
The problem could be a firmware issue, a hard drive issue, or something wrong with the power/outlet the machine is plugged into. At least that is where I'd first start looking. You can shut down the copier and check the plug for signs of arcing, the plug prongs should be smooth, any rough or black spots would indicate arcing, if so call and electrician and have the plug fixed.

Sounds like like drums were COLD. If temp drops very low where copier is located it will print black copies until drums actually warm up

copyplus
11-25-2014, 05:22 PM
You are right. I believe the problem occurs when the machine is cold and throughout the day it works fine. Usually, I turn the temperature down on my thermostat over the night. I will leave the heat on overnight and observe next day. thanks

copyplus
11-26-2014, 09:21 PM
Is it possible to use IU from Bizhub C451 to C452? thanks

habik
11-26-2014, 09:40 PM
On the back of the machine is a switch (heater) next to power plug. Turn it ON. And switch your machine only at the operating panel. Leave Main Power switch ON.

C451 IU and C 452 IU are different! Chip, design, the lot.

Sent from my iDon't believe in marketing device using Tapatalk

copyplus
11-27-2014, 01:44 AM
I turned off the main switch. The switch on the back of the machine is on and I tried to turn on the machine from the panel switch but it does not turn on. I also tried to turn on and off the back switch.

Is there any other Bizhub machines IU compatible with C452? thanks

copyplus
11-27-2014, 01:48 AM
Sorry, I misunderstood. The main power switch needs to be on all the time but over night the panel switch should be turned off. thanks

allan
11-27-2014, 10:17 AM
I have swopped parts between the units before if i cant get stock C451 and C452. Check the transfer retraction on the belt.

copyplus
12-31-2014, 01:22 AM
The machine's waste toner box was full and the machine did not give me any indication. I emptied the waste toner box and the machine is not leaving heavy toner on the prints. But now I have another problem. The print is not solid. please see the attachment and let me know what needs to be done. thanks27530

copyplus
01-05-2015, 08:49 PM
I did not receive any response yet. Will anyone please advise me what to do. thanks

copyplus
01-09-2015, 05:12 PM
I did not receive any reply yet. Is this too difficult problem? I need help, please thanks. 27608
This is the printed sample of bizhub 451.

copyplus
02-05-2015, 01:12 AM
My C451 is printing a background image in black shifting towards the edge of the paper with good image in the front on a page. I believe it is called offsetting. Would someone will advise me. thanks

habik
02-09-2015, 04:21 PM
Is that chess board a halftone print from service mode?

Synaux
02-09-2015, 05:15 PM
Take the black IU out and clean the contacts, when you put it back in, add a peice of paper between the latch to make the IU more snug...or buy the Lock Plate mod (A00J P331 00) if you do not already have it.

copyplus
02-09-2015, 05:37 PM
No. This print was taken while ADF lift up and no paper on the glass. The color printing on the paper is dark and light same as the checkerboard and after printing 20/30 copies it start smearing and prints the same image in black towards the edges.

habik
02-12-2015, 04:25 PM
No. This print was taken while ADF lift up and no paper on the glass. The color printing on the paper is dark and light same as the checkerboard and after printing 20/30 copies it start smearing and prints the same image in black towards the edges.

So you took sky shot. Result checkerboard! List output is fine, right!

copyplus
02-12-2015, 06:01 PM
As I said when I make copies with a colored print on glass and ADF closed the printed copy quality is same as checkerboard. Some places light and some dark.

I pulled the black IU out cleaned its points and installed back but no improvement. This machine was spitting lot of developer on the paper and making very rough copies with a lot of toner and developer on the printout. Now that problem has solved and now it is printing like a checkerboard. I did clean the wires and rollers. Could it be the black IU or the Imaging cartridge.

Synaux
02-12-2015, 07:10 PM
As I said when I make copies with a colored print on glass and ADF closed the printed copy quality is same as checkerboard. Some places light and some dark.

I pulled the black IU out cleaned its points and installed back but no improvement. This machine was spitting lot of developer on the paper and making very rough copies with a lot of toner and developer on the printout. Now that problem has solved and now it is printing like a checkerboard. I did clean the wires and rollers. Could it be the black IU or the Imaging cartridge.

Okay next, I would take out the IUs again so you can see the Print Head and clean the glass (developer can get down there) as well as the housing around the IUs (especially the K IU and Yellow IU).

Also clean the sensors underneath the tranf. belt and the belt (developer is abrasive--you don't want any of it on moving parts).

What does an internal gradation test print from Service Mode look like??

habik
02-12-2015, 07:14 PM

When you print consumables life print out from user menu. What numbers do you get for each unit ?
Utility>Consumables>Print List>Select A4 or Ltr>Start

Also have you chipped any of the units? If you have not then we see the life of your units even if you have long life PPLM firmware installed. Can you pass this info pls. Cheers

copyplus
02-13-2015, 09:23 PM
I did not put a new chip on any of the IUs. The total number of copies on each unit is as follows: CMY = 5018, Black 5962, fusing unit 226460, transfer roller 161530, Image Transfer belt 201646. Total number of copies on the machine is as follows: Total 519760, Black 435364, color 84396. All the number on the machine display show there is still life left on each item. I am going to open all the IUs and Imaging belt and clean the machine thoroughly. I really appreciate help from everyone on this forum. thanks

wseyller
02-14-2015, 05:57 PM
Instead of doing a skyshot you should run a halftone from service mode. Because the checkerboard pattern may be from the scanner.

copyplus
02-16-2015, 05:17 PM
Would you kindly give me the service procedure for halftone print.

habik
02-16-2015, 05:35 PM
Would you kindly give me the service procedure for halftone print.

Google :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1Sz5nV3pBg

Then go to Test Mode and Select Halftone Pattern > Start

There is:
Black (1PC) Only Black Imaging Unit will turn
or
Black (4PC) All Four (Photo-Conductors) imaging units will turn

Try first the 1 PC and hit Start. Just make sure you have A3 loaded so you can see the scale on full!

CMYK will print 4 Separate sheet with one colour at a time.

If all fully covered then you know the scanner is the problem. I'd check all the connections to Scanner from MFPB all the way to scanner. Grounding issue ...anything before putting another board in. Just to be sure you will not damage new board should you need it to replace!

copyplus
02-16-2015, 08:29 PM
I printed black halftone and all the other 3 colors. Black still printed checkerboard. I also printed resolution and same problem with black. thanks for your input and help.

copyplus
02-17-2015, 12:08 AM
On the consumable chart transfer belt shows it has only 201646 copies. Black imaging unit has only 5962 copies, but in view it has been reset by someone. I don't want to change the whole transfer belt assembly. Can I replace only the belt and which one is compatible with C451. thanks

Synaux
02-17-2015, 12:15 AM
On the consumable chart transfer belt shows it has only 201646 copies. Black imaging unit has only 5962 copies, but in view it has been reset by someone. I don't want to change the whole transfer belt assembly. Can I replace only the belt and which one is compatible with C451. thanks

Try replacing the K IU.

wseyller
02-17-2015, 04:16 AM
I printed black halftone and all the other 3 colors. Black still printed checkerboard. I also printed resolution and same problem with black. thanks for your input and help.
Let's say the transfer belt assembly is the culprit. Well only changing the belt if you can find one may not solve the issue. I would like to imagine that if the other colors print good the belt would not be an issue. It would probably be an issue related to 1st transfer for the black within the transfer belt assembly.

What you need to do is run the black halftone page and do a half stop test. Basically meaning you stop the machine part way thru the process and see if the pattern shows up on the drum. If so then replace the Black UI is what I would try first. If the image formation on the drum is good then look at the belt and see if the issue is there.

habik
02-17-2015, 07:04 AM
Pull the black IU out and have a look inside right at the back. Can you see small pile of black toner or dev spilled out? If you do, then vacume it out as it seems your Developer may have run almost run out of dev and the magnetic roller is not covered fully. The combination of bad contact and not enough dev "may" have caused this pattern. Get a new Bk imaging unit and just bang it in! You will need one sooner or later as it is a consumable as toner is. If problem remains after replacement, then you looking at Print Head or Print Head Board or even main board.

Just one thing, should the IU not work when you put it in get a tech to diagnose the exact issue. Good Luck mate!

copyplus
02-17-2015, 05:17 PM
Yes, the other three colors print perfectly. I have ordered the black IU and hopefully get it early next week. I will replace and post the result on the forum. All technical help is appreciated. thanks

habik
02-18-2015, 01:30 PM
Yes, the other three colors print perfectly. I have ordered the black IU and hopefully get it early next week. I will replace and post the result on the forum. All technical help is appreciated. thanks

Great. Whats the weather like up in Scotland?

copyplus
02-18-2015, 04:40 PM
Great. Whats the weather like up in Scotland?

We are in Vancouver, Canada. The weather is pleasant this year around 10 deg C daytime and 7 overnight. We did not have much snow this year but lot of rain.

copyplus
02-20-2015, 09:01 PM
I also have a Bizhub 203. This machine's density is low and I have to change every time I have to make a copy or print from computer. I tried to adjust from admin mode but it goes back to normal again. What is the procedure to change is permanently. Also this machine is printing more yellow than other colors. How I can reduce that color in the printing or how I can calibrate colors. thanks

copyplus
02-24-2015, 05:08 PM
Thank you every one for your help to solve my problem. I have installed a new black IU and the checker board printing problem is gone. Now I would request you to please help me solve my color calibrating on bizhub 203. thanks

habik
02-24-2015, 09:58 PM
Thank you every one for your help to solve my problem. I have installed a new black IU and the checker board printing problem is gone. Now I would request you to please help me solve my color calibrating on bizhub 203. thanks
Clean laser windows.
Pull Transfer belt out and clean IDCS front and rear. Then put ITB back and go to service and do stabiliser reset/background reset. Then check the registration for color . No more than -+2 per CMY LASER. If needed adjust it. Then again stab/ background reset and gradation adjust for all 3 modes.
All these processes have been mentioned on CTN zillion times. Search a bit. ;)

Custom Search