PDA

View Full Version : Lanier LF411

Custom Search

Ricoh-ono
04-29-2008, 01:01 AM
I have a Lanier LF411 that the incoming faxes are "ghosting". I typically see this when the hot roller is worn or coated. I rebuilt the fuser,(hot roller, pressure roller, bushings, & scrapers), but I still have the ghosting image. I turned on the temperature display in the SP modes to verify that the fuser is reaching 180 degrees. Unfortunately there are not any adjustments to the fusing temperature to see if this is the problem.The only things I can think of is the thermistor is not reading properly and the hot roller is actually at a lower temperature or the PCU is somehow keeping a residual image.

Has anyone seen this?

Scott_Lewis
04-29-2008, 05:04 AM
The only things I can think of is the thermistor is not reading properly and the hot roller is actually at a lower temperature or the PCU is somehow keeping a residual image.

Troubleshooting 101: Localize the source of the problem before you start throwing parts at it.:eek:

I don't even know which model (in Ricoh speak) you are talking about. But, I haven't met a fax, printer, copier yet that I couldn't manage to stop the paper somewhere between the drum and the hot roller.

It the ghosting is really tough to catch, you can often put in longer paper for testing.

cobiray
04-29-2008, 10:19 PM
I've had some thermistors read faulty, not in this specific fax model. Also check to make sure the levers and springs that apply pressure to the pressure roller are installed properly.

Ricoh-ono
04-30-2008, 07:44 PM
Problem Resolved.

It was what I first suspected. The thermistor was not reading properly, so the fuser was never reaching operating temperature of 180 degrees.

Thanks cobiray!

Custom Search