PDA

View Full Version : Unhealthy noise KM-5035

Custom Search

AlexRust
11-25-2014, 05:07 AM
Dear experts,
I am chasing source of the unhealthy noise coming from Kyocera KM-5035 for several days now. I have attached sound file so you can listen this noise in hopes that somebody recognize it.
If somebody please help me to narrow it down I would greatly appreciate. Approximately I can say that noise coming from above of the bypass unit or at least somewhere around this area.
Thank you in advance.

AlbertK
11-25-2014, 07:40 AM
Something is running dry.
These machines are known for a gear noise at the “Paper Feed In Section II”, just above the by-pass, under the registration unit. But this is a different noise. Remove the Unit and clean the bushes anyway. I would suggest you start lubricating all the bushes visible inside the machine, remember the exit rollers, and even remove the back cover to inspect the clutches and bushings.

It might even be the drum….override the side door switch and have a listen.

AlexRust
11-25-2014, 08:32 AM
Something is running dry.
These machines are known for a gear noise at the “Paper Feed In Section II”, just above the by-pass, under the registration unit. But this is a different noise. Remove the Unit and clean the bushes anyway. I would suggest you start lubricating all the bushes visible inside the machine, remember the exit rollers, and even remove the back cover to inspect the clutches and bushings.

It might even be the drum….override the side door switch and have a listen.

Thank you Albert,
I will go "all the bushes visible inside the machine" and will check out drum. The most puzzling to me is that visually noise coming from the place where no turning parts - see attached image with arrow pointed where I hear that noise and where I recorded noise as well. It is reasonable quiet on other side (where Paper Feed-In Sections) even if i put my ear to the side cover. Also I will try to override side door switch and listen. Will report back on Wednesday.
Any other ideas on where this noise is coming from?

AlbertK
11-25-2014, 09:28 AM
Sorry, my mistake.....i looked at the wrong model....:o
It will then possibly be the drive belt tensioners or a bushing behind the PCB's at the rear of the machine.
It's not a quick operation to get to the belts....

Zackuth
11-25-2014, 02:00 PM
I was not able to listen to the file, but I'll make a suggestion or two. There are a couple of fans in the laser area that might be making the noise, the laser fan and exaust fan. Also, look at the gears in the back of the machine that drives the MP bypass tray. I had a 2560 making a noise and that was the issue.

AlexRust
11-25-2014, 03:50 PM
Sorry, my mistake.....i looked at the wrong model....:o
It will then possibly be the drive belt tensioners or a bushing behind the PCB's at the rear of the machine.
It's not a quick operation to get to the belts....
I was afraid that you say this. Any good tips on taking PCB off to get access to the troubled area?

AlexRust
11-25-2014, 04:12 PM
I was not able to listen to the file, but I'll make a suggestion or two. There are a couple of fans in the laser area that might be making the noise, the laser fan and exaust fan. Also, look at the gears in the back of the machine that drives the MP bypass tray. I had a 2560 making a noise and that was the issue.

Is this gears that drive MP bypass tray sandwiched between PCB and frame? In short hardest to access to?

dikyo
11-25-2014, 06:14 PM
Hi,

I think it is the torque limiter off the MP-Tray (separation roller)

Remove the spring, clean it (rust)and apply a little bit grease.

Grtz Dikyo

Tonerkiller
11-25-2014, 09:27 PM
Run paper through the bypass. See if the noise changes.

blackcat4866
11-26-2014, 12:26 AM
The bypass clutches are known to make noise. They're some of the last greaseable clutches, and I believe the Falcon III clutches fit onto the Falcon II machines.

The interesting thing about noises is that they tend to echo around, so you can't really tell where they come from. You might have better luck with a stethoscope, or the mechanics version (a long screwdriver, tip touched to the frame in various places, and the handle to your ear). You might also try to run the motors individually in sim U030.

=^..^=

AlexRust
11-27-2014, 01:10 AM
The bypass clutches are known to make noise. They're some of the last greaseable clutches, and I believe the Falcon III clutches fit onto the Falcon II machines.

The interesting thing about noises is that they tend to echo around, so you can't really tell where they come from. You might have better luck with a stethoscope, or the mechanics version (a long screwdriver, tip touched to the frame in various places, and the handle to your ear). You might also try to run the motors individually in sim U030.

=^..^=

BlackCat was spot on. Dikyo was very close. Removed bypass tray and thoroughly service it. When I took both clutches off and spin them by hand my tricky noise was there on "8 step clutch". A few drops of oil and everything back to normal. Lesson learned.
And THANKS to everyone who participate in this quest.

JR2ALTA
11-27-2014, 01:14 AM
downloading .zip files from unknown sources not smart

blackcat4866
11-27-2014, 01:16 AM
You may wish you'd replaced that clutch at some point in the future. Once they start rusting, they're just not reliable any more.

Congratulations. =^..^=

repeat
11-27-2014, 02:27 AM
Dear experts,
I am chasing source of the unhealthy noise coming from Kyocera KM-5035 for several days now. I have attached sound file so you can listen this noise in hopes that somebody recognize it.
If somebody please help me to narrow it down I would greatly appreciate. Approximately I can say that noise coming from above of the bypass unit or at least somewhere around this area.
Thank you in advance.
run simulation mode 30 to isolate the noise to the paper feed or main drive. when you narrow it down, please post

habik
11-27-2014, 02:20 PM
run simulation mode 30 to isolate the noise to the paper feed or main drive. when you narrow it down, please post

I suggest you re-read the thread ;)

AlexRust
11-27-2014, 03:52 PM

Thanks repeat
With joint efforts of the fellow techs on this forum the source of the noise was 8 step clutch on bypass unit. It was not rusted just dry plastic to plastic squeak.
I am happy to report that noise has been fixed.

Moderators:
Is it possible to add feature to the forum so we can mark threads as "SOLVED". It will be very cool.

blackcat4866
11-27-2014, 04:08 PM
Moderators:
Is it possible to add feature to the forum so we can mark threads as "SOLVED". It will be very cool.

Or alternatively, responders could read all the associated threads to see that it was solved all by themselves. =^..^=

Custom Search