PDA

View Full Version : Can PageScope Web access account track user counters?

Custom Search

mhoward
11-26-2014, 04:05 PM
Have a customer that wants to gather all account tracking user counters from his 6 MFP's from the PageScope Web utility. Is this possible or does he need to install Net Care Device Manager?

copytechman
11-26-2014, 05:41 PM
For what device model?

Regards!
A.

emujo
11-26-2014, 07:38 PM
Yes, you can add/delete/modify rights/limits from PSWC, you can also export the account track user info and open it with Excel to "Bill" users, the only thing I have not been able to do through PSWS is reset the counters, not saying it can't be done, I just haven't found it yet. I always have to go in through Utility/Admin on MFP. Emujo

Edit..re-read your post, and no, there is no way to collectively capture the account track counters from all 6 MFPs with PSWC. You would need a 3rd party solution to do this...Equitrac/PSES/Copy Guard, etc...

TheOwl
11-26-2014, 09:26 PM
NetCare Device Manager won't be of any help to you as it only allows you to manage machine settings. How ever you can buy a module for PSES called Authentication Manager which would allow you to report on all devices.

Personally, I would stay away from PSES and go for a solution like PaperCut as it is far easier to use, the licencing isn't confusing and you can also report on any printing that users are doing on other machines such as HP or Lexmark printers.

Custom Search