PDA

View Full Version : C8000 color misregistration/ C4660

Custom Search

adeyemi
11-26-2014, 08:06 PM
I have a color registration issue on C8000. It comes up with a C4660 code and error 2 during auto color registration setting, although auto gamma setting completes successfully all the time. I have serviced the transfer belt assembly thoroughly; changed the drums and even the color registration (image correction) unit but the problem persists. If i print each of the four colors with the overall half-tone pattern of the test print in service mode, i get a good print for full solid and tone settings. And so as expected if i bypass the color registration and send print jobs, the colors are mis-registered. Suggestions on possible solutions will be appreciated.

adeyemi
11-27-2014, 06:24 PM
All four developers changed. The situation still persists.

kalindd
11-28-2014, 08:56 AM
Interesting, I can't find C-4660 in the SM.

I would suggest you to look at the shutter mechanism, does it moves smoothly?

If you have tried everything else that can cause this. Like:
having a good densities on all 4 colors, cleaned color rego unit, proper operation of the shutter, swapped/replaced write units. You have made panic stop and you are sure that machine is printing the needed patches and registration marks.

Next thing to do, and probably that's the cause, you have to clean or replace the transfer and/or drums drive assys.
In my experience cleaning them usually helps. What you need to clean is the encoder discs, they get pretty dirty and machine can't synchronize the transfer and drums drives.
Please check your SM for details how to disassemble them, be aware you'll probably need at least 2-4 hours because you have to take apart almost every single cover and PWB :)

Good luck and post the results.

Custom Search