PDA

View Full Version : SCX 5935fn touch screen

Custom Search

copier addict
11-26-2014, 08:18 PM
Does anyone know if it is possible to calibrate the touch screen on these machines? I have one where the bottom half of the touch screen is lined up but the top half is close to an inch out of adjustment. I have upgraded firmware and re-formatted the hard drive. I didn't think formatting the HDD would help, but I figured "nothing ventured, nothing gained"
Thanks for any help.

arnh79
11-26-2014, 08:59 PM
Yes you can calibrate. Turn machine off, hold the 0 key down and turn machine back on. Keep holding 0 key down until a calibration screen appears. Follow instructions on the screen.

copier addict
11-26-2014, 09:38 PM
Yes you can calibrate. Turn machine off, hold the 0 key down and turn machine back on. Keep holding 0 key down until a calibration screen appears. Follow instructions on the screen.

Thanks arnh79, that did the trick. Much appreciated.

toner cartridge
12-01-2014, 02:24 AM
Does anyone know if it is possible to calibrate the touch screen on these machines? I have one where the bottom half of the touch screen is lined up but the top half is close to an inch out of adjustment. I have upgraded firmware and re-formatted the hard drive. I didn't think formatting the HDD would help, but I figured "nothing ventured, nothing gained"
Thanks for any help.

hi friend, if calibrate failed, you can buy a good touch screen (compatible quality is not expensive) to replace, and work stable

copier spare parts (http://www.einmay.com)

ZOOTECH
12-09-2014, 10:50 PM
Thanks arnh79 for this info; however, I get to the calibration screen, press the 9 crosses, and then it says "success, press any key to validate" - is there suppose to be another validation of success, or do we have to power off/on? The hit/miss of the touch screen was not helped by this procedure after powering off/on. After the "success,..." and pressing any key or cross on the display, nothing happens - I have to power off/on.
I may have to follow toner cartridge's advice.

arnh79
12-10-2014, 12:59 AM
I think you have to do it twice in a row before you get the "please reboot" message. First time, hit all the cross marks then the message "success, press any key to validate", then message reappears to hit all the cross marks. Do it again and it will say reboot.

ZOOTECH
12-10-2014, 04:27 AM
I think you have to do it twice in a row before you get the "please reboot" message. First time, hit all the cross marks then the message "success, press any key to validate", then message reappears to hit all the cross marks. Do it again and it will say reboot.
Tks, I'll try that next.

Custom Search