PDA

View Full Version : Error Code Bizhub Press C6000 - Transfer Unit Skipping/Clicking

Custom Search

A_Schubert15
11-29-2014, 12:42 AM
This looks like a big problem.
The Intermediate Transfer Unit is making a clicking noise. When I look closer, the gears don't turn smoothly and that's when the clicking sound occurs. I thought for sure the Transfer Unit was at fault so I've replaced it. I've replaced the entire Intermediate Transfer Unit but I'm getting the same issue. When I try to print a test pattern, the colors are way off registration. Could it be a sensor? Or a spring?

WHen I turn the machine on, it doesn't give me an error msg until I try to print a copy, then it automatically gives me a C-4661.
That's why I thought it might be a color registration sensor but how could that have any relation to the transfer unit skipping?

The customer's bin down for 3 days now so I'm trying to get him some answers and I don't have any.
Drums are new, coronas are new, dev units are ok and a brand new transfer unit.

Any suggestions? I appreciate any help. I read on here about the C-4661 error that it might be a spring that's loose and needs to be tightened. But that cannot be on the Transfer unit since it's new. Where might I need to look to find that loose spring?

Thank you
Adrian

blackcat4866
11-29-2014, 01:11 AM
How about that! I know this one.

Take a look at the drive coupler on the transfer belt. It's made of two or three pieces of cast aluminum. Carefully disassemble the coupler. stretch the spring ~4mm longer than it was. Re-assemble. Don't lose the very small screws.

Our first c6000 came into our shop a few years ago. Our Konica Minolta rep assured me that I would have no trouble setting it up. It took me about four days to get to the C4651/C4661 codes. My tech rep showed up and wasn't much help. One of our members suggested modifying the coupler spring, and that did the trick.

And yes, new parts can and do make the clicking noise. In my situation the machine was new in the box, and when I replaced the transfer assembly later on it was necessary to move the modified coupler onto the new belt assembly.

"Error 2" message when attempting to perform Color Registration Auto Adj., during setup. Also clicking noise. Also C-4651 and C-4661 errors on initialization. Service mode will be grayed out once the error condition has occurred. Transfer belt drive coupler jumps, causing false color registration readings. Disassemble coupler, and stretch coupler spring 3 to 4mm. Re-assemble coupler and continue with CQ adjustments. =^..^=

A_Schubert15
11-29-2014, 06:51 PM
Thank you friend for the quick reply.
I've just done that and unfortunately that did not solve the problem.
I've stretched the spring in the old Transfer unit and the new transfer unit but both still skip. I'm thinking that it's not the Transfer Unit that has the problem. I've checked the sensors, they're good. I don't see anything wrong in the back of the machine (behind the transfer unit). All the belts are there, all the gears are ok. I can't figure this out.
Anything else that might be causing this?

THank you
Adrian

KM1Amsterdam
11-30-2014, 09:53 AM
Are the drums rotating smoothly, did u try all drums turning by hand?

Is the clicking noise also, when u rotate the transfer unit by hand?

Check the coupler in the back of the machine, the one that moves the color transfer rollers, closer to the drums. Maybe u need to turn it by hand a half rotation.

Is the process cage (which holds the drums, dev's and transfer unit) in the correct position?

A_Schubert15
12-01-2014, 01:45 PM
Ok, more things eliminated as the problem.
The drums turn ok.
The process unit does not make the clicking sound when I turn it by itself.
I turned the coupler in the back of the machine to align it with the transfer unit but that also didn't do the trick.

Now I'm not sure if I'm making something out of nothing but it does seem to me like the process cage is giving me some resistance when I try to close it. Maybe it is in the wrong position but why would that be the case? I didn't take it off and the customer assured me that they didn't either. If the cage is out of place, is there a procedure to follow to align it? It does close but with some resistance.

One more thing I have to mention, when I took out the drums and transfer unit and I try to close the cage, it won't close at all. It gets to about 1/2" inch from me being able to lock it and I can't slide it in anymore. I'm assuming that this might be normal because the cage requires everything to be in place before it can lock but I've never tried this before so I don't know.

I don't think the manual shows how to check the proper cage alignment. How can I check it?

THank you
Adrian

KM1Amsterdam
12-01-2014, 10:04 PM
Better you give the coupler, the one that activates the color tr. rollers, another half turn. Maybe that makes closing allot harder.

Custom Search