PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous DF-621 B363 scanning jam

Custom Search

allan
12-02-2014, 06:51 AM
When you make copies the DF works fine, but scanning the DF registers a jam on the last page fed thru. If i set the scanning res from 200X200 to 300X300 it works intermittently and at 400x400 the scanning works fine. Did someone come across this problem before? Everything on the DF looks ok. must be something that moves to slow?:confused:

habik
12-02-2014, 08:00 AM
I'll bet in service mode adf feed test it won't jam once, right?

Flash with firmware. Even the same one. It helped me once.

What jam codes you getting?

Sent from my iDon't believe in marketing device using Tapatalk

mo0651
12-02-2014, 03:37 PM
Had 1 doing this and reset tension on the belt and motor . It helped us.

allan
12-02-2014, 05:13 PM
I was in a bit of a hurry the work around worked so i never looked at the jam code. Only after a while at the next customer i realized i should have taken the code down. With a previous machine i did do the firmware newest base ver with no luck. I will check the passage test as well. I will only be back at that customer in 2 weeks time. I will get around to this to check. Thx

emujo
12-02-2014, 06:43 PM
There was a bulletin about this issue, the MFP scans at slightly different speeds during copy and scan modes. It required a firmware update, (special) and a change to one of the ADF sensor flags. If I can find the exact bulletin, I'll try and post it. Emujo

Update, bulletin #

TAUS1200978EN

Entrance sensor flag is worn, or The empty sensor lever interferes with the separation guide
due to Left Cover position. Consequently, return of the lever to the
original position is delayed and a timing error occurs.
Note:
This problem is more likely to occur with high speed scanning (300/400
dpi) such as Scan to SMB. With normal copy scanning, problem occurrence
is low as the scan speed is slower (600 dpi).
http://onyxftp.mykonicaminolta.com/media/DF-621_Lever_Position.png

allan
12-03-2014, 06:49 AM
Thanks a lot i will hunt down the firmware. The portal we have to use is an unorganized mess to it is discouraging look for anything. the TAD refs helps a lot.

fixthecopier
12-03-2014, 12:26 PM
I had the exact problem you are describing on a c-203. I am not sure if speeds are different for scan vs copy, because logically it should jam for both. For me , I found the entry paper detect actuator sticking, which explains why it waits til the last page to jam. Until it gets to that point, it constantly detects paper.

emujo
12-03-2014, 12:48 PM
Disregard the firmware post, there is nothing for this issue. And yes, the ADF does operate at different speeds when scanning/copying. Watch it yourself at 600 dpi scans versus plain paper copies. Emujo

antone
12-04-2014, 08:49 PM
Exit senor

Kidaver
12-05-2014, 02:09 PM
There are also TAD's for installing some spacers on the DF cover hinge, and adjusting the reading motor tension. Also modified Lever assemblies in the feed system with new springs in them.

Custom Search