PDA

View Full Version : 7022 fails to complete POST

Custom Search

John Kaufmann
12-03-2014, 08:05 PM
Symptom: 7022 does not complete Power-On Self-Test. At ~8.6 seconds is first appearance of "Konica" splash screen, which immediately flashes off and restarts the POST; subsequently the splash screen reappears for an instant every 7.5 seconds, then POST begins again. So of course it never gets to an error code.

The other visual clue is that the POWER SAVER ON/OFF button lights when power is turned on, then flashes off briefly 3 times within that 7.5 second period: once coincident with the flash of the splash screen (when POST restarts), then 4.5 seconds later, then 1.5 seconds, then 1.5 seconds - at which point the cycle begins again. [When the splash screen flashes on (and the POWER button flashes off, at the same time the LEDs for the COPY, FAX and SCAN/PRINT buttons flash on, so apparently it just gets to the point in POST of testing the control panel.] There are no audible clues; the fan starts normally, and POST does not complete to the point of initializing any other mechanical components.

Any ideas what might be wrong?

John Kaufmann
12-03-2014, 09:13 PM
Additional observation since original post: With the fax unit removed, machine will go into 25 mode (it would not before), but will not go into 36 or 47 mode - and still does not start up to Basic Screen.

Ben Around
12-04-2014, 12:46 AM
Additional observation since original post: With the fax unit removed, machine will go into 25 mode (it would not before), but will not go into 36 or 47 mode - and still does not start up to Basic Screen.

I have a working KM 7022 that I removed this week for a customer that bought a new machine. I was planning on putting some of the parts up for sale, PWR supply, main board, op panel and so forth.
If you need anything let me know I might be able to help you out with something.

John Kaufmann
12-04-2014, 03:55 AM
I have a working KM 7022 that I removed this week ... If you need anything let me know I might be able to help you out with something.
Thanks. Will let you know. Meanwhile, still stumped - have to get it through POST to find the problem. The fact that removing the fax unit at least allowed it to go to 25 mode may be significant, but too soon to be sure (and IAC you did not mention a fax unit - though they have almost become vestigial).

Ben Around
12-04-2014, 01:22 PM
I just looked at that machine and it's actually a KM 7222 not a KM7022. Sorry about that.

If the 7022 has a hard drive, you may want to disconnect it, reformat it, or swap it. I've had hard drives cause similar boot up problems on KM machines and other brands as well.

I don't have any experience with the 7022 so I can't be of much help.

Custom Search