PDA

View Full Version : Fiery IC415 on C1060 controller disconnect

Custom Search

wseyller
12-03-2014, 11:55 PM
On Nov. 11 customer couldn't log into command workstation. Control panel shows controller disconnected. Rebooting fiery doesn't help it seems. Led shows "00"

I reloaded system software and all is good again. I didn't install any patches but made sure it was set to auto update them.

Just today same issue. Wondering if there is a bigger problem. I can reload OS again but wonder if it is just going to happen again.

bronzegixer
08-25-2015, 02:15 PM
Hi
I had same problem probably about 10mnths after install, have reload 3 or 4 times then had a new hard drive installed in controller, thought that would have sorted it but has just started again, lasts about a week been told may have to install version 2 software instead of version one but it may not recognise old archive jobs.

bronzegixer
01-13-2016, 11:16 AM
Hi
I had same problem probably about 10mnths after install, have reload 3 or 4 times then had a new hard drive installed in controller, thought that would have sorted it but has just started again, lasts about a week been told may have to install version 2 software instead of version one but it may not recognise old archive jobs.

Since then have installed ver. 2 and has worked fine and all archive jobs opened ok we also made a backup on memory stick so can reload in about 10 mins rather than about 1hr 30 off disc or download

wseyller
01-14-2016, 03:56 AM
FYI I had replaced the HDD and the issue never occurred again.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Itsthepaper
01-18-2016, 02:07 PM
Just had the same problem last week. Installed latest system software version. 2 and new hard drive and all has been well.

peter42
01-18-2016, 09:30 PM
I had two customers, where Fiery disapeared in CWS every time, when Boss was present.
After some search and firmware new and hd new and a last discussion, we found, his new Iphone gets the same IP from their WIFI router as the fiery.
Since then, my first action in such case:
Shut down Fiery and do a ping from a lan pc to fiery adress.

greetings peter

MADMAX1
01-27-2016, 05:49 PM
Can a Canon works without the Fiery as just a network printer?

copytechman
05-29-2017, 02:34 AM
I have one of these doing this as well, the hdd was bad (it wouldnt take a reload), I've replaced the hdd and reloaded the latest (v2.1) and its patches.

This still occurs randomly and without a really identifiable cause. It can happen once a day or multiple times. I've moved it's IP address around as well for something to try. When this occurs the controller button disappears and the fiery actually reboots itself. It can happen when it's idle or when its working on a job. Looking for some insight short of replacing the fiery itself (given the parts cost almost as much to "repair" as to replace as new) . The fiery does come back online all by itself. There's no pattern, the led's show 00 when booted/idle.

Thoughts from you fine folks?

Regards!
A.

copytechman
05-30-2017, 11:51 AM
No thoughts from the amazing minds on this awesome forum? Oh yes forgot to mention machine is at latest firmware version as well.

A.

copytechman
07-13-2017, 03:03 AM
Update: fixed: the fiery power supply sucks. If u don't wanna spend a gazillion bucks on a new one, go get a good quality atx power supply from almost any computer store. Works like a champ and has more juice for the fiery. Only downside is how to attach it. No more disconnects after replacement.

Regards.

A.

DigiMan
07-17-2017, 10:47 AM
Recently i had a similar issue where the controller would hang it self and lagged way too much on random occassions,even after plugging
my own pc to the network the same thing happened,reloaded system same results,connecting it directly no issues.Long story short a pc(out of 10) from the network lagged the fiery..
No idead how,if you disconnected that pc all was well,connect it again and the fiery lagged as hell.

Custom Search