PDA

View Full Version : konica bizhub C454 color first install problem

Custom Search

jakani
12-04-2014, 10:35 AM
actually it's a develop ineo + 454 (same as bizhub C454) installed it and the printing is working perfectly but the when i make a copy i get blue or red lines on the produced paper :( and i can't find what's the problem !

vagner
12-04-2014, 10:55 AM
Follow the machine installation manual, typically by the graduation adjustment solves

jakani
12-04-2014, 11:17 AM
thanks for fast reply :), i will see about that and reply

Blizzoo
12-04-2014, 11:41 AM
I recommend repeat all steps in order ilustrated in Setup manual.

emujo
12-04-2014, 01:06 PM
The setup steps are different depending on which function version your MFP is at. If you are using an old setup guide and the MFP is at function version 5, you will get the "lines of shame". They are not produced on B&W copies, or internal test prints, but only on color copy/print. I would recommend that if you MFP is not at version 5 or higher, you flash the firmware, and then run the setup with the latest setup guide available on the KM website. Emujo

jakani
12-05-2014, 09:38 AM
and i tried the gradation adjustemnt it didn't work
as you said Emujo the "line of shame" are only produced on color MFP ,
and how i can know if the MFP is not at version 5 or higher ?

Moza
12-05-2014, 09:54 AM

If you don't know how to check firmware version I wouldn't bother, all you need to do is follow the installation guide to the letter if you miss out anything including the touch screen calibration or date settings you will end up with "lines of shame"

Konica have changed there setup procedure which makes it much easier but I found it more fun watching engineers faces evey time they messed it up not following simple instructions

darry1322
12-05-2014, 11:46 AM

Don't try to solve your problem by trying the steps individually. Just follow the setup instructions and you should solve the issue.

I had one new machine that didn't include adjusting the touch screen in the printed instructions, but printed lines until we reran the setup and included the touch screen adjustment.

darry1322
12-05-2014, 11:49 AM
Follow the machine installation manual, typically by the graduation adjustment solves

What vagner meant was that by the time you finish the gradation adjustment in the setup steps, you usually have completed enough of the procedure that you won't get the lines on your color copies.

officesrl
12-05-2014, 03:16 PM
It 'happened to me, you have not performed correctly setting the date and time, and the printing of the list output shown in the installation manual.
Repeat the steps to install concentrating on the output list and you will solve

emujo
12-05-2014, 06:24 PM
You can perform the steps exactly as listed in the setup guide, but if the guide is out of date then it will produce the lines. That's why I said look at the function version (Menu/Utility/Device Info). Some firmware updates are function version changes, J6 is version 7, G9 is version 6, E-4 is version 5. If you are below version 5 then the setup instructions are different. Simple way to tell is to press the accessibility key. If the touch screen adjustment is there, your version is below 5 and you should be using the older version, or update the firmware, function version to 5/6/7, and use the guide. If the guide doesn't mention the touchscreen adjustment step then the guide is recent and your MFP firmware must be at version 5/6/7. Emujo

jakani
12-06-2014, 01:36 PM
thank you all for replying , thanks a lot today i'm gonna check them out and see if i can solve the problem of LINES OF SHAME

jakani
12-08-2014, 12:14 PM
thank you all for replying , thanks a lot today i'm gonna check them out and see if i can solve the problem of LINES OF SHAME

after retrying to follow the manual steps i found that's it's not that easy !
should i start from the beginning or just follow the steps after turning on the machine ?
and there is some steps i didn't understand like serial number input , it says 1. select the serial number input function as follows : system 1 --> serial number ,:confused: how could i perform this step ?
and other steps like adjusting the height and adjusting skew feed are they necessary or not !
any way i will retry this day again or else call other technician to help me solve this

CompyTech
12-08-2014, 06:53 PM
after retrying to follow the manual steps i found that's it's not that easy !
should i start from the beginning or just follow the steps after turning on the machine ?
and there is some steps i didn't understand like serial number input , it says 1. select the serial number input function as follows : system 1 --> serial number ,:confused: how could i perform this step ?
and other steps like adjusting the height and adjusting skew feed are they necessary or not !
any way i will retry this day again or else call other technician to help me solve this

You have to follow the order. When you get to the steps like Serial Number input, Unit Change etc., just go into the screen and go back out. You're installation is complete when you get to List Output and print out the management lists. Reboot, make a color copy and lines should be gone

The ADF adjustment steps are not necessary to complete MFP setup.

Custom Search