PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous C364e print issue

Custom Search

emujo
12-04-2014, 04:14 PM
New C364e, installed on Monday. J5 firmware, function ver 7. Customer is using 5.1.3 drivers. Authentication is on, Public user allow without login, print and color copy restricted. About 10 users are setup with full permissions. Printer is on a server and shared. Authentication settings on server are verify and popup. Any of the 10 users entered in the authentication dialog box show "verification succeeded" when tested. Public user verifies and can send B&W jobs with no issues. Anyone sending a color job, using the verified user name/password, job makes it to mfp, but job history shows "Saved". Output method is "Print" . I double checked the default permissions of the authenticated users and all seems normal. Print without authentication is set to "Restrict" Having tech go back out and do a data clear and reload firmware, may drop down to G9 to see if there is some inherent issue with J5 and authentication. Has anyone experienced this problem? Not sure what the job status is indicating with the "Saved" status. There are no public or system user boxes created, and even if boxes are not created, if a user was to send to the user box, it would auto create a box, but no user box is showing up. We did see many "deleted due to login error" messages, and that was attributed to the authentication settings in the driver no setup properly as this message disappeared after setting the verify and popup check boxes. One other odd item, the verify and popup boxes have an info balloon saying EMF Spool must be off with a win XP or server 2003 environment, but, EMF spool is not checked and this is a 2012 server. Any ideas would be welcome. Emujo

Mr Spock
12-04-2014, 11:17 PM
Robbie called me with this issue about 6 months ago. I had the IT remove and reload driver on one computer and that fixed it. The other computer did not work with this. I had her call DSC and they had a fix. She told me what it was but I can not remember it right now. Possibly a special driver. Call her and DSC and one of them should help.

JrTech
12-05-2014, 12:30 AM
Robbie called me with this issue about 6 months ago. I had the IT remove and reload driver on one computer and that fixed it. The other computer did not work with this. I had her call DSC and they had a fix. She told me what it was but I can not remember it right now. Possibly a special driver. Call her and DSC and one of them should help.

Mr Spock is correct about removing and reinstalling the print driver on one computer. I am currently working on a similar issue on a Xerox Fleet. Our issue was due to "cerficates" on the 4 domain servers, that was providing the authentication. The Common Access Card (CAC) with UI Authentication was enabled to restrict all functions for non authorized users. Printing and scanning are the same scenario for authentication. Once we removed the driver, installed a generic driver, Input same information and we found the print driver settings did not match the machine settings to produce message "Completed with error. This job was deleted due to login authentication". Again we removed generic driver and installed the PS and PCL driver from the Xerox website and that fixed it. The setting for "authentication" on the machine was set to "Authentication from Server" while driver was set to "authenticate using machine (internal database)"
Hope that helps

emujo
12-10-2014, 07:53 PM
Thanks for the tips...Turned out it was a "salesman" induced problem. Trying to help out he turned on user authentication, and turned on ID and Print at the same time. All authenticated color print jobs were going to the ID and print user box, just like they were supposed to. Confusion is where the driver tab has ID and Print X'd out since there was no AU installed on the MFP, I wasn't even think in that direction. Emujo

Custom Search