PDA

View Full Version : Dead Machine C203 - Machine(s) not booting or displaying boot up screen.

Custom Search

Jorvikps
12-04-2014, 11:28 PM
Hi all,

I wonder if anyone has experienced any similar issues to ones we are currently experiencing.

We have two Konica Minolta (Develop) c203s which won't boot up. Both working fine one day, then overnight seems to have frozen. I.e. Turn of the main power switch, the two status lights (Orange and blue) on the front of the machine will light up and stay on. The orange light around the "go" button will light up. But nothing else. I originally though NV RAM, but the machine will not bootup even with the CF card in.

It's strange that two machines have suffered this issue at the same time.

amyone have any ideas?

Thanks

Andy

emujo
12-05-2014, 12:25 AM
Are they in the same office? Could have been a power surge, I would try to replace memory 1st before a MFP board. Emujo

copytechman
12-05-2014, 12:25 AM
Hi all,

I wonder if anyone has experienced any similar issues to ones we are currently experiencing.

We have two Konica Minolta (Develop) c203s which won't boot up. Both working fine one day, then overnight seems to have frozen. I.e. Turn of the main power switch, the two status lights (Orange and blue) on the front of the machine will light up and stay on. The orange light around the "go" button will light up. But nothing else. I originally though NV RAM, but the machine will not bootup even with the CF card in.

It's strange that two machines have suffered this issue at the same time.

amyone have any ideas?

Thanks

Andy

Check/ replace the memory modules. Have seen them do that!

Regards!

A.

Jorvikps
12-05-2014, 12:14 PM
Are they in the same office? Could have been a power surge, I would try to replace memory 1st before a MFP board. Emujo

Thanks for your reply. The machines are in completely different offices about 50 miles from each other.

Not one of the customers has admitted, they pulled the power lead without turning the copier off. Can this really cause this issue? It can't be any different that a power cut and we have this on a near monthly basis.

Check/ replace the memory modules. Have seen them do that!

Regards!

A.

Thanks for your reply also. We have (I'm led to believe), we have changed the memory modules. Still the same issue.

copytechman
12-05-2014, 12:27 PM
Thanks for your reply. The machines are in completely different offices about 50 miles from each other.

Not one of the customers has admitted, they pulled the power lead without turning the copier off. Can this really cause this issue? It can't be any different that a power cut and we have this on a near monthly basis.

Thanks for your reply also. We have (I'm led to believe), we have changed the memory modules. Still the same issue.

OK, when this has happened to me, (2 lights stuck on front of machine, no other behavior) it has been one of 3 things. Mfp board, memory gone bad or nvram.

Regards!

A.

EarthKmTech
12-05-2014, 05:34 PM
Hi all,

Turn of the main power switch, the two status lights (Orange and blue) on the front of the machine will light up and stay on. The orange light around the "go" button will light up. But nothing else.

Every single time i have seen this it has been the ram.

Make sure it has been replaced with correct, new ram, not some old garbage found loose in the back of a drawer somewhere.

Jorvikps
12-06-2014, 11:17 AM
OK, when this has happened to me, (2 lights stuck on front of machine, no other behavior) it has been one of 3 things. Mfp board, memory gone bad or nvram.

Regards!

A.

Every single time i have seen this it has been the ram.

Make sure it has been replaced with correct, new ram, not some old garbage found loose in the back of a drawer somewhere.

Thanks to both of you for your reply.

I believe the guy's have tired swapping the RAM from other "good" machines. Still the same issue? Should we try buying new ram?

Thanks

Andy

RRodgers
12-06-2014, 06:36 PM

Yep start with ram FIRST!

Jorvikps
12-08-2014, 10:41 AM
Hi all,

Just an update on the issue you all kindly helped out with.

Seems to be firmware related in the end. the dip switch to the left of the NVRAM. Flicked that to off, booted up the machine. Turned the machine off, flicked it back to On. CF card in, booted from card, flashed firmware. All sorted.

One issue though. We obviously were messing around with the NVRAM and swapped between machines.

We currently now have meter readings of: Colour: -241736193, Black: 435673 Total: -241565806. I know there is the old taboo about resetting these, in-fact all I'm wanting to do it reset these to their correct figures. Can this be done in anyway?

Thanks

Andy

habik
12-09-2014, 08:09 AM
Hi all,

Just an update on the issue you all kindly helped out with.

Seems to be firmware related in the end. the dip switch to the left of the NVRAM. Flicked that to off, booted up the machine. Turned the machine off, flicked it back to On. CF card in, booted from card, flashed firmware. All sorted.

One issue though. We obviously were messing around with the NVRAM and swapped between machines.

We currently now have meter readings of: Colour: -241736193, Black: 435673 Total: -241565806. I know there is the old taboo about resetting these, in-fact all I'm wanting to do it reset these to their correct figures. Can this be done in anyway?

Thanks

Andy

Thanks for the dip switch tip.

No, fortunately you can not adjust the NV RAM meter.

Sent from my iDon't believe in marketing device using Tapatalk

emujo
12-09-2014, 05:01 PM
If you are KM direct, or dealer, you can open a support ticket, and order the NVRAMS. This will reset the counts back to zero, and that's the only way I know of to legally fix the counters. Emujo

Jorvikps
12-12-2014, 03:09 PM
Thanks for the dip switch tip.

No, fortunately you can not adjust the NV RAM meter.

Sent from my iDon't believe in marketing device using Tapatalk

If you are KM direct, or dealer, you can open a support ticket, and order the NVRAMS. This will reset the counts back to zero, and that's the only way I know of to legally fix the counters. Emujo

Thanks both of you for your replies.

Yes will give KM a go and see what they say.

Thanks

Andy

Custom Search