PDA

View Full Version : "Toner Missing CMYK" Bizhub C35P

Custom Search

altech
12-05-2014, 10:46 PM
I just went to work on a Bizhub C35P and it is displaying the message "Toner Missing CMYK" and the customer just replaced all four toners and then she got the message. I have reseated the toners and cleaned the contacts and the chips on the back of the toner.

EarthKmTech
12-06-2014, 12:25 AM
Also check that the imaging unit chip contacts are no shorted or bent - the same serial bus is used to communicate to the chips on the toners and imaging units even though they goto different sockets on the prcb. If any are shorted communication is blocked for all.

agudmove
12-06-2014, 02:22 PM
I have found in the past, if all toners are changed together this problem arises. You will find, by process of elimination, one toner is pulling the rest down, and the Missing toner message is displayed.

Hansoon
12-07-2014, 04:34 AM
*OFF TOPIC*

I don't know the BH-C-35p but does it has the same annoying §&$# characteristic as the BH-C-20 that it will nullify the chip on the toner cartridge if the machine thinks erroneously that the toner has been used up?

Hans

copier tech
12-07-2014, 11:24 AM
I had a similar problem on a C35p, it asked for 2x toner then ALL of the IU's! I simply replaced what it was asking for & it worked.

I'm wondering if this is a firmware bug, sounds very much like it.

HoonBoy
12-07-2014, 07:50 PM
There's a modification for this problem... The IU rails are extended:

Toner Irrecognition Error

The message that the toner cartridge is not recognized is displayed.

The front lower frame is curved backward. [C/M/K]
There is missing information in i-chip of PU or IC. [Y]
CSIC wire harness is caught between the screws. [C/M/Y/K]
CSIC earth plate attached to the Toner bottle Drive Assy does not return to its original position. [C/M/Y/K] *CSIC=Hold Holder (A0VD134202)

<Field Action>

1. Replace the PU-rail of M/C/K with the modified part. (p/n: A0VD112000)]Replace three colors (M/C/K) together.
2. For the problem not recognizing Y toner, replace the PU which was replaced right beforethe message indication.
3. If there is a tear on the wire harness cover, wrap it with the insulating tape. If the core of a wire harness is cut, replace the Toner bottle Drive Assy. (p/n: A121R70000)[/COLOR]
4. Replace the Toner bottle Drive Assy.

deepdiver
12-08-2014, 10:35 PM
Had this a couple of times and the mfpb fixed it. That was after replacing all drums/toners.

Don N.
12-08-2014, 11:29 PM
Who puts that kind of money in a used desktop? I've had C20's with toners not recognized. Read the bulletins, checked contacts, but swapped entire machine since I had a trade-in with little $$ in it to save a charitable $$ and me time. 6 months later, same trouble on second machine. A third C20 had under 400 color pages and a few thousand black, transfer belt cleaning failure and image units failing also just from age. Have had several NEW OEM C25 toners say wrong toner installed (paraphrasing), a second OEM toner fixed it. Two C25's with adf feed trouble. Looks like 1-way on feed shaft is failing (cleaning helped only breifly) but the part is only available as whole "lid/cover ass'y" for a few hundred $$. My C35 says low M toner at 1/3 full... Pain in the a_ _ to press OK at every use for next thousand pages. Paper cassette made cheaply, I could go on... HATE Kon-Min's desktops! Great full size machines. Do the same people even design them? Seems nobody makes a commercial grade color desktop that won't make you sorry you sell them. I steer toward full size or let them buy elsewhere.

copier tech
12-09-2014, 07:05 PM
No KM do not make theese crappy little printers, not sure who does, build quality is so poor.

Custom Search