PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub C452 Hdd trouble

Custom Search

bdesire
12-08-2014, 02:25 AM
Greetings, I have a client with a Bizhub C452 that needs to aquire the information on the hard drive for legal reasons but the copier installs an encryption key on the drive, is there a way to decrypt the drive and also does the copier store scans on the hard drive that were scanned either smb or by email? I know that scans in a box are deleted daily by default and the holding period can be extended. Thanks in advance.

Foxhound
12-08-2014, 06:42 AM
That's the point. the machine does a small level of encryption on every job. At best you would only see temp data that has no contents. if they stored or scanned to the device hdd, you can retrieve that. If your customer doesnt believe you charge them for a hard drive and labor and give them the hard drive. :rolleyes:

EarthKmTech
12-08-2014, 09:37 AM
what exactly is it on the hard drive they are after ?

allan
12-08-2014, 09:49 AM
I have 2 relatively new C452 that developed bad hhd's is it a problem on this model?

emujo
12-08-2014, 01:11 PM
KM is not in the business of "hacking" HDDs. Bizhub Secure is installed for a reason. The drive can't be decrypted, only formatted. Any data residing on the drive will be wiped after the physical format required to remove Bizhub Secure. I wonder if the "Legal" reason has got to do with counterfeiting? Emujo

Custom Search