PDA

View Full Version : FS-608 Single staple issue.

Custom Search

habik
12-09-2014, 11:16 PM
Just wondering if anyone came across a single staple issue on C650+FS608?

Two staples all day long. Single/Corner misaligned staple. Had a closer look. The swivel back-plate (clincher) for stapler doesn't reach upper position. There isn't (or I have't seen one) a sensor for the upper(corner) position. Only for the lower HP. So my understanding is that it is run to the upper(corner) by step count without any validation of arrival. The stapler side does reach this position, the clincher side does only 80-85% of the journey causing the issue. Have swapped motors from nearby section, made no difference. Wanted to re-flash firmware with CF but my laptop came with blue screen of death. So had to abort mission and attack next day, just wanted to get armed with some helpful, experience information for my next visit in few hours.
Motor M4 unplugged - gives C1107 as it should.
Replaced and plugged in another M4 no difference
Meshing is good.
PS14 - I/0 check good"passed"

Thank you

Suspecting FSDB but praying it is just FW. Don't have spare boards :(

Sent from my iDon't believe in marketing device using Tapatalk

habik
12-10-2014, 12:47 PM
Update:
Loaded firmware, changed PS14. Problem persisting.
FSDB ON Order.

habik
12-17-2014, 05:42 PM
FSDB Board it was.

habik
03-23-2015, 11:03 AM
FSDB Board it was.

Problem came back. Same issue. Any hints?

allan
03-23-2015, 11:41 AM
I would strip out the entire staple unit and check for problems there. I had a problem like that on a C203 where one of the 3 bearings at the bottom of the carriage broke out and cause it.

habik
03-23-2015, 04:28 PM
I would strip out the entire staple unit and check for problems there. I had a problem like that on a C203 where one of the 3 bearings at the bottom of the carriage broke out and cause it.

Seems like that is going to be the cause and pull the whole thing apart.

I have changed the FS-519 stapler carriage holder (grey plastic with 2 ball bearing holders) That is long but easy job.

This Stapler is a bit fun / more complex :)

I have feeling the main finisher board is doing some sort of overdrive to the Driver board ..which eventually causes it to fail.. OR the harness is somehow damaged... that is almost impossible to read as the clincher swivels and it might be probably faster to replace the harness. (maybe) Motor was OK as I swapped it already with the one next to clincher drive.

allan
03-23-2015, 05:50 PM
Good luck i hate finisher problems, i know a couple very well by now.

habik
03-23-2015, 07:47 PM
Good luck i hate finisher problems, i know a couple very well by now.

:)Can imagine.
Just a tip: should you get A5 staple issue on this beast where first page is not stapled or misaligned when you do more than 1 set, rip off two short 3/4" static brushes that are taped from the bottom of the stacker. ( between them is the stacker sensor flag.)
This was the issue before clincher gave me headache.
http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/03/23/7131dc06aae689c77bd2cf0ab1167262.jpg

allan
03-23-2015, 07:57 PM
I remove a lot of stuff from copiers to make them work. Mostly a paranoid designers use of mylars everywhere. I have B601 machines running over 2,5M with no mylars left in them because of me tearing them off.

habik
03-23-2015, 08:05 PM
Hahahaha nice one :)
I took one out on DF611 as it was crinkled and had occasional jam. As soon as I took it out, I had constant jamming :)

allan
03-23-2015, 08:19 PM
Hahahaha nice one :)
I took one out on DF611 as it was crinkled and had occasional jam. As soon as I took it out, I had constant jamming :)

I use a fat piece of cardboard to get the mylars flipped back on those i just press it thru the paper path. it happens when the user forgets a staple in the stack and one page is at the bottom and the rest is on top. Then they yank it out from the top causing the mylar to fold backwards. Also the ones from the B223 for the reverse feed on the duplex dont remove it! :p

Hope you had a fun time replacing that. Amazing what you can fix with OHP film.

habik
03-23-2015, 08:39 PM
I use a fat piece of cardboard to get the mylars flipped back on those i just press it thru the paper path. it happens when the user forgets a staple in the stack and one page is at the bottom and the rest is on top. Then they yank it out from the top causing the mylar to fold backwards. Also the ones from the B223 for the reverse feed on the duplex dont remove it! :p

Hope you had a fun time replacing that. Amazing what you can fix with OHP film.

Also the ones from the B223 for the reverse feed on the duplex dont remove it! :p
THATS THE ONE :D
Before you have it FULLY disassembled you won't know the function :) of the mylar. Plus the thickness is a lot slimmer then feed mylars on vertical feed from Tray 1 or 2 so could use that one either... :) painful experience.

Custom Search