PDA

View Full Version : C253 another process in operation please wait

Custom Search

habik
12-09-2014, 11:49 PM
Had problem with c253 giving message as described in subject line. Machine behaved as if no boot. Thought RAMs are gone. Came back with new set, put it in. Same issue + could not get into service mode.
Removed MFPB and took it with me to our workshop. Slapped it in another C253 with NVRAM from our workshop machine and all working fine. Hmm. Run diagnostics RAM read/ Write short and non stop = no issue. So decided to take from workshop machine MFPB + PRCB + HDD and just tested working clients MFPB which I updated to R6 firmware whilst I had it in our machine. Went back to customer and put their MFPB back in machine with their NVRAM + R6 CF Card in firmware slot. Switched machine ON, firmware updated as usual but machine had same issue. OK then.. Replaced HDD and managed to get to service mode after boot up. Did DATA CLEAR , rebooted machine, HDD set to Installed, reboot Lovely Jubly put address book back in and all working.
Took parts back and assembled workshop machine and tried Clients HDD in our " working" machine. What a mistake.
Machine doesn't want to boot. Disconnected HDD physically. No difference. Flashed with R6 FW. No sucess. Even worse can't get in to service. Changed RAMs with fresh new ones, same shit. Tried different HDD and another set of RAMs and flashed it right from null power up update happens but thats about it. When I reboot after CF card has been taken out it just hangs on Planets. Motors, Fans, Fuser all running the well played sequence and then just Planets. I think I shot myself in my foot as their HDD IS NOW at customer where my NVRAM had backup and their crap is now banged in my machine and I can't get rid of it. If I try NVRAM recovery tool, will it be able to pull anything from service ROM or does it need the original HDD?

Sorry about the long rant, just had a $hite day and any help would be much appreciated. Thanks

Sent from my iDon't believe in marketing device using Tapatalk

copier addict
12-10-2014, 12:38 AM
It doesn't matter which HDD you have in the machine when you do an NVRam recovery.

blackcat4866
12-10-2014, 01:00 AM
Yeah, that sounds like quite a day.

I'm duly impressed that you got the customers machine revived.
Sorry that I don't have anything instructive to offer.
You clearly are light years ahead of me on the older KM's. =^..^=

scottybbb
12-10-2014, 01:02 AM
When I had this I dis-connected HDD and message went away.Replace HDD and all was good.

habik
12-10-2014, 08:01 AM
It doesn't matter which HDD you have in the machine when you do an NVRam recovery.

Thanks.

habik
12-10-2014, 08:03 AM
When I had this I dis-connected HDD and message went away.Replace HDD and all was good.

I've tried the HDD disconnected, and made no difference, so that is what strikes me odd.

habik
12-10-2014, 08:35 AM
Yeah, that sounds like quite a day.

I'm duly impressed that you got the customers machine revived.
Sorry that I don't have anything instructive to offer.
You clearly are light years ahead of me on the older KM's. =^..^=

Yeap it was something and it carried on until evening when my laptop packed up when I was loading fw on CF card :) that was the last straw, because the previous straw from aircan ended flying right in C554e gutters. :D

habik
12-12-2014, 05:35 PM
NV Ram reset fixed the machine in my workshop. All running now :)

blackcat4866
12-13-2014, 02:09 AM
Congratulations! =^..^=

Custom Search