PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous AFTER PM DV UNIT NOISE.. odd results

Custom Search

methogod
12-10-2014, 10:45 AM
Konica C6501, around 3.2 Million. Well taken care of (meaning i try to not to too far over life for any item)

PM was Due, but Drums and DV were well over 200K around 300K - drums are Du104 so life is expected and since we run mostly direct mail quality is 2nd to volume.

Was trying to squeeze out the last of our Holiday cards and started seeking blade marks and a noise appeared - figured it was the black drum.

That night did the Drums and Developer change.

as soon as i started to charge the yellow DV i heard some noises that i didn't like, since there was no directions on sequence on how to install Drums and DV at the same time. I just followed the chart in the SM.
1-1, 2-2, 3-3 and so on...

after hearing noise figured one of the drums just need a few coatings of toners and would quiet down, but it didn't go away. Filled all 4 Developers - which while charging turn the drums.
checked everything visually, make sure all DV units were sitting correctly, and i couldn't find anything suspect.

After all adjustments, did color tests - found black had white voids going lead to trail. Was pretty sure it was DV or DV unit, but swapped BLACK and Megenta drum to find problem stayed at BLACk.

Was able to stop machine during printing and caught the lines on the mag roller, PULLED DV unit and cleaned between mag roller and doctor blade with light card stock. Didnt feel anything but it go rid of the voids.
Also turned the mag roller to push out any old DV that may have not been cleaned out.

So i figured that was making the noise.

so now its fine and printing ok but the noise is there and i am afraid the DV UNIT DRIVE gears or motor will break off.....

Took a peak at the black unit tonight with the cover off just to see if something looked off. Except for a high volume of toner in the rear auger
a littly heavy but i just figured that DV is a bit uneven...

DV was older type but if DV was bad i think it would be obvious.

Custom Search