PDA

View Full Version : 1050e washed images

Custom Search

panashiba
04-30-2008, 07:01 PM
I am new to Konica Minolta and have a 1050e that has 1.7 mil on it. I have done the 750k, 1mil and 1.5 mil pm on it with all parts replaced according to the manual. I am now having an ongoing issue with solids being washed out and the I am seeing it washed out on the trail edge as well when there is solid print there. The best part about it is that when you start to run long runs on the machine the density starts to come back and fill in but it will then start to backgound on the rear side on the sheet. It does not background the entire page but it will background the rear side of both the front and back side of the page it is printing. The density starts to return around 3k of a run and starts to background at about 5k. I have dissassembled and reassembled the machine, checked all bias connections and been on the phone with Konica twice with a current ticket open now. I just wanted to see if anyone with more experience had any ideas for me to check or try out. Thanks for all the help.

1VR1
04-30-2008, 09:08 PM
The density off 1050 depends heavily on toner consumption.
Because 1050 has no ATDC sensor.
Try setting the toner addition.
DIPSW 23-4 23-3 23-2
Standard 0 0 0
Approx. 0.5% down 0 0 1
Approx. 1.0% down 0 1 0
Approx. 1.5% down 0 1 1
Approx. 0.25% up 1 0 0
Approx. 0.5% up 1 0 1
Approx. 0.75% up 1 1 0
Approx. 1.0% up 1 1 1

random
05-01-2008, 07:14 AM
Do you have a RC-501 fitted?

doma873
05-01-2008, 10:15 AM
I am new to Konica Minolta and have a 1050e that has 1.7 mil on it. I have done the 750k, 1mil and 1.5 mil pm on it with all parts replaced according to the manual. I am now having an ongoing issue with solids being washed out and the I am seeing it washed out on the trail edge as well when there is solid print there. The best part about it is that when you start to run long runs on the machine the density starts to come back and fill in but it will then start to backgound on the rear side on the sheet. It does not background the entire page but it will background the rear side of both the front and back side of the page it is printing. The density starts to return around 3k of a run and starts to background at about 5k. I have dissassembled and reassembled the machine, checked all bias connections and been on the phone with Konica twice with a current ticket open now. I just wanted to see if anyone with more experience had any ideas for me to check or try out. Thanks for all the help.

I look after losts of 1050's and I would reconment adding the RC-501. I have had simular problems and i will list a few ideas to try.
1) Clean the Dmax sensor under the cleaner unit with alchole
2) Check the machine is on ver 60 firmware
3) Run test pattern 12 till the blacks are solid the do all drum potential setting and MAKE sure the settings are done correctly.
4) Also the drum potential sensor could be faulty. They were modified as some early ones were faulty

I had a issue about 2 months ago where i had background only on the second side. Ended up been a firmware issue.

Can't wait till KM put back a TDS sensor in the dev units in ther high volume machines.

panashiba
05-01-2008, 03:07 PM
Thanks for all the info. Unfortunately, I have tried all the setting and ran the test pattern you are speaking of. I have gone over all of the image density bulletins on the website as well. I also went over them on the phone with tech support. I really think it is just something I did but since this is the only machine I have, I have nothing to base it against or swap with another machine. I do not have a RC-501 attached. I have the current firmware installed. Test pattern 12 comes out fine but if you look real close at the blocks, you can still see that they are not solid fill. THe background may be a separte issue also. It only does it on the rear side of the page and it show itself on 1:1 or 2:2 copies. I am speaking of the rear side of the paper as compared to the machine, I am not speaking of the 2nd side of the paper. It is not happening Lead to Trail or on the Front. Only on the Rear edge.

panashiba
05-01-2008, 04:41 PM
4) Also the drum potential sensor could be faulty. They were modified as some early ones were faulty

Can't wait till KM put back a TDS sensor in the dev units in ther high volume machines.

Is there a way for me to tell if I have the newest version of this sensor?

Frostwolf
05-01-2008, 11:05 PM
Do you have a RC-501 fitted?

Check KM bulletin 6139 about it

panashiba
05-02-2008, 12:46 AM
Machine is fixed now. After running the LD offset pages and seeing that the rear side was much darker and the gradations stair stepped from one side to the other, I decided to loosen the tension on the rear side of the developer unit. I actually just unclamped only the rear side of the tension bar on the unit and started making copies. No more shadow or background. I also re-ran the LD offset pages and they were once again level across the top like they should be. So, I then just removed the spring completely from the rear side of the tension bar and reassembled the machine. I ran over 4k thru with no further background. Thanks for the info that everyone provided.

texchar555
05-02-2008, 03:58 AM
dude thats not a fix , thats a rig

random
05-02-2008, 08:18 AM
Yeah, not good. Just about guarantee that the meter blade is too far from the mag roll in your problem area.

The 1050 replacement (due this year) has TDS, waste bottle standard and finally a transfer belt.

panashiba
05-02-2008, 03:32 PM
Obviously I need to find out why that is happening but that is what took care of it immediately. That was the only thing out of anything I have done or adjusted per Konica tech support or their bulletins that made any change to my issue. I had to get the machine running for them for a big job so unfortunately for me the time wasn't there to fully take the dev. unit apart to troubleyshoot further. I have to leave it like that until they are done and I have more time to go thru the dev. unit.

Is there any adjustment to the blade or is it in a set position? If there is an adjustment, is there a recommended setting gap for it?

random
05-03-2008, 12:27 AM
Well I don't think it is documented in this through away society. But you have one end of the tank that is ok and the other that is not so I guess if you measure the good end and compare with the bad end you will see if this is the problem. I had back grounding on a machine yesterday and that ended up being the the LD power level was too high, did you check that?

Custom Search