How i Can Reset Bizhub C364 Image Transfer Belt Unit

Thanks

Regards

manuelcorrea
12-11-2014, 07:45 PM
Service manual PDF pages 152-154

benalvarez
04-17-2015, 10:30 PM
I think what you mean is can you reset the transfer belt, the answer is no because it has a chip in it with a counter. When the counter is reached the mfp becomes locked up. The mfp is in a down state then and Konica Minolta wants you to change the image transfer belt. I have a publication at my disposal, that you can turn this option off, and unlock the mfp, then order the image transfer belt, otherwise it's possible you may damage the drums by letting it go. It's just a quick fix bandaid. to do this you have to enter tech rep mode first -> System 2->Software Switch Setting-> Switch 51 -> Bit Assignment Set SW Switch Setting make it look like 00001100 then press fix after changing to look like these bits. This is only for this model and it's a mod. Hope it helps, if not set it back and order the part.

SmellsHot
04-20-2015, 01:20 PM
Go into service mode, counter, life, new release. Then open the front door. Start button will turn blue. Press the start button. And the counter will reset.

emujo
04-20-2015, 05:11 PM
Of the 2 posted options, I would not use the "new release" unless you are actually replacing the belt. CQ will be adversely affected as the MFP is now basing its values based upon what it thinks is a new belt. The softswitch settings allow the MFP to "run until failure" (consumables). The 3rd option is to replace the belt. Emujo

copier addict
04-20-2015, 07:08 PM
The transfer belts for this model has neither a chip nor a fuse. They can only be cleared by using the "New Release" method.

wseyller
04-21-2015, 04:05 AM
Go into service mode, counter, life, new release. Then open the front door. Start button will turn blue. Press the start button. And the counter will reset.

Yes this is correct. You can reset it this way. I believe this will also reset the transfer roller, ozone filter, and toner filter.

emujo
04-21-2015, 01:17 PM
Nope, all the others have separate life counters, and again I stress, resetting the counts w/o replacing the parts is going to cause more problems down the road. The run till failure mode is the way to get by having to replace consumables that have reached their "life counts" but are still running fine. Emujo

SmellsHot
04-21-2015, 01:25 PM
Clearing out the transfer belt will affect copy quality at some point down the road. In system 2, display life settings. You should be able to turn off all consumable parts. The softswitches were for the older Konica's.

Custom Search