PDA

View Full Version : AirPrint

Custom Search

allan
12-11-2014, 11:11 AM
Hi
Any body tried the airprint function on the new CXXXe loaded with J6 firmware?

occus
12-11-2014, 11:44 AM
No, i can't because of the "only for webbrowser " limitation.
I'm wondering if i get trouble when i use this firmware for machines without the LK-Option.

Airprint should be more comfortable than the Konicaminolta app... direct print from default mail app...
I'm note a apple user.

allan
12-11-2014, 03:42 PM
Ok I loaded the new J6 firmware. Had a struggle to figure out how to activate the feature. After loading that firmware I had to change the function version from ver 3 to version 6 using bit switch 25 changed from HEX20 to HEX50 if all is well then switch 168 will change to HEX06 for airprint enabled or HEX 07 for airprint enabled. under admin -> network page 2 -> airprint will appear. looks like the machine needs to be on function ver 7 to work with LK.

Very nice feature to use with apple. Once the machine is setup the rest is easy, much better than the app!

allan
12-11-2014, 03:43 PM
Any body know of a type of airprint server to use for older machines?

SmellsHot
12-12-2014, 07:13 PM
Allan,
when airprinting did it seem to lock up your phone or at least take awhile to print out? A couple of my boxes seemed to struggle with it....

havokprod
12-13-2014, 12:05 AM
I have used these devices for older MFPS

xPrintServer - an iOS Print Server for iPhone and iPad Printing (http://www.lantronix.com/it-management/xprintserver/xprintserver.html)

Gino_21665
02-15-2016, 11:35 AM
Hi

I know this thread is a bit old however i have a question, If i am already able to print out of the Airprint App on my Iphone, i suppose the Airprint function is active on the printer. Never did any Firmware or Jumper settings by default it worked, problem is that when i use the app i am unable to edit or change any print option when using it.

These are my Specs :

Bizhub 223

Printer firmware : Please see attached doc

MAC notebook Model and Software Ver :

iMac (21.5 inch, late 2013)
OS X Yosemite version 10.10.1

Iphone Model and Software Ver :
iPhone 6S

Custom Search