PDA

View Full Version : BH-C-253, DF-611 locks up machine.

Custom Search

Hansoon
12-12-2014, 01:55 PM
During operation of the DF-611 sometimes the machine locks up showing a jam in the ADF. Resetting is only possible by switching off the machine with the main power switch, not by the usual procedure of opening and closing of the flaps of the DF-611.

I am not sure if the machine locks up because of a jam in the ADF or that the jam occurs because the machine suddenly locks up. Leading edge of originals is just between the registration roller and the reading roller-1 when this happens and originals are showing a wide dent 5cm after the leading edge as if the original was pushed against a standing reading roller.

Any ideas please?

Hans

allan
12-12-2014, 02:09 PM
Does the machine stall or does it just not clear the jam?

habik
12-12-2014, 02:28 PM
During operation of the DF-611 sometimes the machine locks up showing a jam in the ADF. Resetting is only possible by switching off the machine with the main power switch, not by the usual procedure of opening and closing of the flaps of the DF-611.

I am not sure if the machine locks up because of a jam in the ADF or that the jam occurs because the machine suddenly locks up. Leading edge of originals is just between the registration roller and the reading roller-1 when this happens and originals are showing a wide dent 5cm after the leading edge as if the original was pushed against a standing reading roller.

Any ideas please?

Hans

I had the almost the same issue, think I even posted a thread about it. I tried firmwares and even tried different ADF. Have to find the thread.

For me it was freezing up in Service Mode ADF passage test.

Just by any chance, do you have a fax board on this machine.

habik
12-12-2014, 02:30 PM
Check what EarthKMtech suggested.

http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/konica-minolta/80351-c253-df611-when-testing-radf-service-mode-machine-freezing-when-jams.html (http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/konica-minolta/80351-c253-df611-when-testing-radf-service-mode-machine-freezing-when-jams.html)

Hansoon
12-12-2014, 02:32 PM
Allan, I don't know yet if the machine stalls cause when I was there it did it only when I was using the Test Mode > ADF > Paper Passage. The customer told me that it happened during copying too but could not explain if the machine was stalled. Anyway, in both scenarios it was only possible to reset the machine by using the main power switch. The touch panel was not responding.

Hans

Hansoon
12-12-2014, 02:36 PM
Habik, our posts just crossed. I will try the suggestion you linked from EarthKmTech. Thanks!

How did you solve your problem BTW?

Hans

habik
12-12-2014, 02:38 PM
Good luck Hans

EarthKmTech
12-13-2014, 12:04 AM
got to love when these stupid machines send you on a wild goose chase - errors pertaining to something that is infact only operating incorrectly because of another issue further along the chain.

I guess thats why they pay us the "big" dollars as we must know absolutely everything about everything.

blackcat4866
12-13-2014, 01:43 AM
Have you printed off the Management List to see if you can get a clue from the DF jam or error code? =^..^=

habik
12-13-2014, 09:00 AM
got to love when these stupid machines send you on a wild goose chase - errors pertaining to something that is infact only operating incorrectly because of another issue further along the chain.

I guess thats why they pay us the "big" dollars as we must know absolutely everything about everything.

:) true.

Some chasing sometimes requires stepping aside and come back in couple of days. As you trying to hit the same goose again and again to a frustrating capitulation to come back next day at different angle and you shoot a duck.
In some cases you want to aim at customers :D

Sent from my iDon't believe in marketing device using Tapatalk

habik
12-13-2014, 09:17 AM
Habik, our posts just crossed. I will try the suggestion you linked from EarthKmTech. Thanks!

How did you solve your problem BTW?

Hans

Well our customer phoned us only twice or three times and reboot was enough. Regardless of that the machine went through 30k print jobs and about the same in scans and they had minimum jamming. Shame I've cleared those reports from my inbox.
Do you know what. I'd try disconnecting the HDD and see if it freezes.
Then NV RAM recovery( as this) helped me recently (not the ADF ISSUE though) but just stopping and freezing at planets ( boot up) and it doesn't cost you anything. Just to get the right NVRAM recovery tool and sort the licence code.

Then I'd try the latest Mass Production Firmware (no special firmwares like PPLM). Connect the HDD and do Data Clear & System Error Clear. ( think data does system as well)

If that doesn't help then the chance is the MFPB is gone.

Let us know how it goes.

habik
12-16-2014, 03:29 PM
Any luck ?

Hansoon
12-16-2014, 05:26 PM
Will go there tomorrow Habik. We had yesterday a pipe burst in the office and I was busy to "supervise" the exchange of a "trillionmillion" meters of tubing and fixtures. What a mess, all those walls had to be opened and the whole spare parts inventory had to be moved....... *sigh*

Hans

habik
12-16-2014, 05:48 PM
Will go there tomorrow Habik. We had yesterday a pipe burst in the office and I was busy to "supervise" the exchange of a "trillionmillion" meters of tubing and fixtures. What a mess, all those walls had to be opened and the whole spare parts inventory had to be moved....... *sigh*

Hans

Holly crap. Sorry to hear that. Good luck with the pipes and the DF.

habik
12-18-2014, 09:08 PM
Have you had any luck with the DF?

Hansoon
12-19-2014, 04:49 AM
I was able only yesterday to replace that DF-611 to start with and until now it seems to work. Still don't believe that's the solution cause what worries me is that the whole machine was locked up previously, but as long as the customer keeps silent for the moment........

Hans

Custom Search