PDA

View Full Version : C6500 Calibrating Too Much!

Custom Search

dagoof
12-15-2014, 12:49 PM
Got a c6500 that perpetually seems to be calibrating - we're talking every couple of hundred sheets. I've tried adjusting some of the dipswitches on #23 but can't seem to limit it. I also ran the recommended initial setup procedure, but it's not abating.

Can anyone help?

dagoof
10-15-2016, 01:15 PM
Bumping an old thread to see if anyone else had any ideas?

On this machine, the waste toner pipe had compacted and I cleared it not that long ago - within a matter of weeks it's compacted again.
But also, the machine is eating yellow toner at an alarming rate, wondering if it's related?

sadanand
10-24-2016, 06:51 PM
Bumping an old thread to see if anyone else had any ideas?

On this machine, the waste toner pipe had compacted and I cleared it not that long ago - within a matter of weeks it's compacted again.
But also, the machine is eating yellow toner at an alarming rate, wondering if it's related?
what is pm status

dagoof
10-24-2016, 07:02 PM
Just replaced drums & coronas Sadanand - dev's getting close to needing replacement though.

The rate of eating toner is new but this machine's always ran calibration far too frequently.

sadanand
10-24-2016, 07:14 PM
Just replaced drums & coronas Sadanand - dev's getting close to needing replacement though.

The rate of eating toner is new but this machine's always ran calibration far too frequently.

If developer is more than 130% then replace all developer also how much a4 you are getting in one bottle

dagoof
10-24-2016, 07:27 PM
Dev is only about 85% - got about 5k sheets off the last bottle and we're talking very low coverage (under 5%).

sadanand
10-24-2016, 07:39 PM
[QUOTE=dagoof;537330]Dev is only about 85% - got about 5k sheets off the last bottle and we're talking very low coverage (under 5%).[/QUOTE
check calibrating sensors and problem seems with yellow dev if chinese it will create this problem also cross check efi 1000

dagoof
10-24-2016, 08:06 PM
On the color reg assembly?

Just did an 'initial setup' routine on it and calibrated to controller with spectro. Have always done this on PM, it may sort toner use (we'll see) but, going from past experience, it won't sort the auto calibration frequency!

sadanand
10-25-2016, 06:16 AM
On the color reg assembly?

Just did an 'initial setup' routine on it and calibrated to controller with spectro. Have always done this on PM, it may sort toner use (we'll see) but, going from past experience, it won't sort the auto calibration frequency!
Calibration process means adjusting difference between factory setting and actual machin values I once had same problem
but resolved by changing reg assembly and updating firmware

dagoof
10-25-2016, 09:03 AM
Yeah, thanks, my guess was it's a firmware issue.

dagoof
11-02-2016, 02:19 PM
Hmm, checked and it's v60 f/w so I don't think that was the issue. I did notice, however, on the Printer Gamma Offset Auto Adjust that the Y was running way too high :confused:

Also, colour reg assembly was as clean as I've seen one!

sadanand
11-02-2016, 02:29 PM
Hmm, checked and it's v60 f/w so I don't think that was the issue. I did notice, however, on the Printer Gamma Offset Auto Adjust that the Y was running way too high :confused:

Also, colour reg assembly was as clean as I've seen one!
Sorry Did not get you quite busy with 6000 try exchanging y sensor with other preferably cyan

refer to page 141 in sm Theory of Operation Ver1.0

Custom Search