PDA

View Full Version : FS-529 stacking problems

Custom Search

mascan42
12-17-2014, 12:58 AM
I have several Bizhub 423's with the compact FS-529 finisher, that are being overused (between 800k & 1.2M copies in 2 1/2 years). Obviously, the compact finisher isn't made to do that amount of work, and the belts are worn out, causing staggered stacking and pages sticking out when stapling. I've cleaned them inside and out multiple times, but the problem just keeps coming back. Unfortunately, the belts are deep inside the finisher and it looks like a 3-4 hour job. Is there an easier way to replace these?

blackcat4866
12-17-2014, 01:24 AM
Nope. It's a PITA. Have you done the various updates? =^..^=

EarthKmTech
12-17-2014, 08:49 AM
Fortunately I dont have any of those finishers in high volume environments - thats one thing our useless sales people can actually get right, the finisher up sell.

The update version of the fs-529 is actually pretty reliable, all of the jamming issues have been with the pre-update versions in my experience. The only problems i have had with the update version fs-529 is the alignment paddle grease turning to glue and not allowing free movement.

I have also had the center thin clear mylars behind the belts that pull back the sheets into the stacking section cause misalignment of pages in stapled jobs. This issue was supposedly limited to the pre-update versions. Ahh no, its still an issue.

Naturally elevator tray drive repair is always fun too.

Easiest way to tell a pre-update from an update version is the twin lower white nylon rollers at the exit. Pre-update solid white, update version has a grey rubber ring integrated into them.

mascan42
12-17-2014, 01:24 PM
This is the updated version.

tech51
12-17-2014, 09:02 PM
This is the updated version.
Yup it may be updated but it will still be a crock of poop at that volume.
We normally replace the two rollers that drop to pull the paper in and the belts at the same time.
It looks difficult but in reality isn't that bad once your into it. If you take the covers off and then remove the metal top plate the assemblies can be removed fairly easily. Once you've done one you will get quicker at it. I can do the job in about an hour but have done lots of them and the first one took double that.

mascan42
01-02-2015, 05:33 AM
Yup it may be updated but it will still be a crock of poop at that volume.
We normally replace the two rollers that drop to pull the paper in and the belts at the same time.
It looks difficult but in reality isn't that bad once your into it. If you take the covers off and then remove the metal top plate the assemblies can be removed fairly easily. Once you've done one you will get quicker at it. I can do the job in about an hour but have done lots of them and the first one took double that.

Is there a recommended procedure for removing the belts? Even with the top plate removed, it looks like there are about a dozen items in the way.

tech51
01-02-2015, 07:44 PM
These pictures should help....

mascan42
01-03-2015, 01:36 PM
Thanks a lot for this! Is there a bulletin that's the source for those instructions? I'd like to distribute it to the rest of my team.

Custom Search