PDA

View Full Version : C224e Firmware upgrade - flashdisk problem

Custom Search

lebo
12-21-2014, 07:41 PM
Hello, Bizhub C224e has well known problem with reading flashdisk FAT32 formatted in Windows during bootup.
A few days ago I lost my only one formatted by MAC OSx to MS-DOS(FAT32).
Right now I have no MAC in my close neighbourhood and I need to resolve this problem on Monday. None of my flashdisk formatted in GPART Linux Distro does not work as well.
I am frustratted and helpless and I hate KonicaMinolta developers for this bug.

Please help me. Please.

Thank you.

copier tech
12-22-2014, 10:48 AM
If you use a 2gb you can simply format the USB drive in Windows!

if you don't have one ask to use a customers Windows PC.

allan
12-22-2014, 10:59 AM
"c>Format X: FS:FAT32" From windows command? The machine dont like some manufacturers Kingston is at the top of that list. I am using verbatim 8GB drives and works on all the new Konica minolta machines. 2Gb is not enough space for the "fw select" function i have 5 diverent versions of firmware on one drive.

lebo
12-22-2014, 01:57 PM
Thank to all,

I hunted out PC-MAC to resolve it.

Bye.

mo0651
12-22-2014, 04:24 PM
I see you are a Mac nut!!! good to know. On a windows PC you go to My computer, right click on thumb drive, select format, select FAT 32 and let the computer do it.

wseyller
12-23-2014, 01:04 AM
The drives I use for this series which are Fat32 of course I also use it for other unrelated stuff such as loading drivers and software on it temporarily. Sometimes for what ever reason it will stop working for firmware on the E series. If I do another quick format it will not help. If I do a full fat32 format it then works again. It just takes a while to do a full format depending on the size and speed of the drive.

Custom Search