PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub C224e copy and prints completely white page

Custom Search

Jamil Mungur
12-26-2014, 04:14 AM
Hello
I am having a completely white page as output while doing copies and prints with a C224e, even when i print the counter the output is a blank page.

The counter :
Total : 113 346
Black : 57 206
Total : 56 140

Our client phoned and complaint about the machine doing completely blank copies and prints after the Cyan, Magenta and Yellow drum replacement.

I went on site and verified:

1. Printed a counter and got a completely white page as output : From this i know that its a problem with the printer side not the scanner

2. Noticed all the warnings as attached PIC 2 : P5 , P6 , P7 , P8 , P9 , P21 , P27 and P28

3. Removed the transfer belt and cleaned the IDC sensor.

4. I verified the Level 1 history and all developers seems ok. See attaced picture 1.

5. I replaced all the 4 drum with new ones see attached pic 3 but the problem is still not solved.

I will go on site today to do some more tests and will update the thread.

Please help with some tips to troubleshoot this problem and identify the defective part.

Thanks

wseyller
12-26-2014, 10:20 PM
Make sure the transfer belt is rotating. I've seen them get stuck and create blank pages. You should be able to stop the machine during a print job and see if the image is forming on the drum and transfer belt to see where the problem might be.

Jamil Mungur
12-27-2014, 04:57 AM
Hello wseyller

I verified the transfer belt its rotating and its all blank there is no image on the drum and also no image on the drums.

On site today i verified the developing units all of them have developer on the rollers, that indicates that there is developer powder in the developing units so i dont think its a developing unit issue.

Can anyone tell me how can i verify if the lasers ?

Blizzoo
12-27-2014, 08:51 AM
Seems like your imaging units does not reset the counters.
Set IU's to Non Stop and do Image Stabilization and Gradiation adj, get rid of that warning codes and all should work well.

solidzdawg
12-27-2014, 09:44 AM
A bad High Voltage unit is what caused this for me last time (exact same symptoms)

wseyller
12-27-2014, 03:47 PM
If you open the front door and rig the interlock switch. Pull out the cleaning rods near half way on the drums and run the half tone prints.

AjitN
12-28-2014, 09:40 AM
I think it is ph unit. If drum is not charge it will be black copies/prints.
If ph is not writing it will be white/blank prints as drum will not get discharged.
Hope this will help.

copier tech
12-28-2014, 11:52 AM
Blizzoo, the P codes indicate an error, L codes are the life expired codes!

P21 is because the IDC sensors can't read the patch on the belt.

What if you do gradation test prints or try & run initialise & stabilization do you get ANY image on the page?

I agree it sounds like an HVT fault, if it was the printhead I would expect to see a C-error ???

Jamil Mungur
12-29-2014, 03:46 AM
Hello

Thank you for all the posts

Blizoo : I had a confusion also but for this model the when the drum is new the rectangle is full and it decrements with the life of the drum, in older model it would increment.

solidzdwag : Its possible that i have no high voltage, can anyone tell me how to be sure ? Any test to be done ?

wseyller : I did the test still a completely white page with some copies and prints. What do you mean by halftone prints ?

copier tech : Thanks for that explanation on the P-21 warning now i know what its exaclty about.

Looks like its a high voltage problem, i want to be sure before ordering any spare parts , can anyone please tell me how to identify the damaged part.
I also worked on large format copier brand OCE and i know on the High Voltage cob we can check is the voltages are present, can we do it on KM ?

Thank you

Blizzoo
12-29-2014, 08:33 AM
Blizoo : I had a confusion also but for this model the when the drum is new the rectangle is full and it decrements with the life of the drum, in older model it would increment.

My bad, I did see my mistake after copier tech posted, thank you.
Check in State Confirmation -> Table : Vdc should be around 400V and Vg around 500V.

pepper38_cnd
12-29-2014, 01:01 PM
I think wseyller is giving you some good advice! Run Halftone pattern at 255 on 11X17 for say Magenta and stop in the middle of a cycle, pull belt out and confirm you do not have a coating of Megenta toner on belt. You say you have confirmed that the belt is turning? The fact that you have a P27 2nd transfer voltage failure along with every thing else would indicate either HV Board or PRCB. Note if it turns out to be PRCB make sure you follow proper board change procedure. I would definitely do HV Board first.

allan
12-29-2014, 03:44 PM
The Konica minolta machines gives codes for polygon not rotating but not for dead lasers! Like DOA B36 machines the factory plug the ribbon cable that sends the raster data in upside down and results in no image.

EarthKmTech
12-30-2014, 12:50 PM
replace the HV board, they die ALL THE TIME.

vijaysharma
12-30-2014, 01:55 PM
Hello
I am having a completely white page as output while doing copies and prints with a C224e, even when i print the counter the output is a blank page.

The counter :
Total : 113 346
Black : 57 206
Total : 56 140

Our client phoned and complaint about the machine doing completely blank copies and prints after the Cyan, Magenta and Yellow drum replacement.

I went on site and verified:

1. Printed a counter and got a completely white page as output : From this i know that its a problem with the printer side not the scanner

2. Noticed all the warnings as attached PIC 2 : P5 , P6 , P7 , P8 , P9 , P21 , P27 and P28

3. Removed the transfer belt and cleaned the IDC sensor.

4. I verified the Level 1 history and all developers seems ok. See attaced picture 1.

5. I replaced all the 4 drum with new ones see attached pic 3 but the problem is still not solved.

I will go on site today to do some more tests and will update the thread.

Please help with some tips to troubleshoot this problem and identify the defective part.

Thanks

check HVPS its sound faulty

balaji_mvb
11-17-2015, 09:24 AM
I, M.Vijaya Balaji, Chennai, India also have the same problem / Konika Minolta C224E prints complete white page (Printout & Copy),

PRT/IR Error, P-5, P-6, P-7, P-8, P-8, P-9, P-21, P-27, P-28 (if we give any printout: white page only comes, If we take any Copy: white page only comes)

Please help me please....

balaji_mvb
12-22-2015, 12:12 PM
check HVPS its sound faulty

Dear Sir,

Where we can get HVPS board for Konika Minolta C224E.

My machine also the same problem... what will be the approximate cost for HVPS board..

Can we service HVPS board??

Please help.

Thanks
M.Vijayabalaji

Custom Search