PDA

View Full Version : Konica Minolta Biz hub 7222

Custom Search

lckrehbiel
12-27-2014, 08:17 PM
One of the pastors at my church said that he unplugged the router (Asus RT-N66U) at the church last week and now he can't print to the Konica Minolta.... After looking at the copier, it appears that it is definitely not connecting to the router..... Under the port settings in the printer properties on my laptop the Port name reads 192.168.1.74 and the printer name is 192.168.2.74. And on the actual copy machine under network settings reads: IP Address 192.168.001.074, Subnet Mask 255.255.255.00, and Default Gateway 192.168.001.074. Am I missing something here? Or do you think it's on the router end??? Thanks for any help.

Flash
12-27-2014, 10:52 PM
Try rebooting the copier first. Turn of the main switch by the power cord and wait a few seconds and then turn on the sub power on the control panel. Try pinging it from your laptop or enter the ip address in your web browser and see if you can connect to it.

wseyller
12-27-2014, 11:50 PM
Looks like a standard class C network. So in this network the first 3 values will have to be the same for all devices on the network. Your copier is set to 192.168.1.74. The rest of the devices should also have 192.168.1.x where "x" is a value between 1 and 254. Normally the router which is also the gateway, normally has its last value set to .1 or sometimes even .254.

Using a computer on the network run the command "ipconfig /all" from a command prompt. This will give you the IP address of the computer, and also the gateway and DNS IP addresses. Make sure the copier is set with the same first 3 values 192.168.1.x. In thus case the gateway is probably 192.168.1.1. Or maybe you find the computer shows 192.168.2.x and that would be a problem if different from the copier.

If everything looks OK you can try to ping the copiers IP address from a command prompt.

Also make sure the network cable is plugged into the copier and you see data link lights flickering on the copiers network port.

Also on the driver properties the port name isn't important really. Normally port name is named exactly the same as the correct IP address but not always because the IP address could have updated in the past but not the name of the port. When you select this port click on configure port. Where it shows "printer name or IP address" it what needs to be set to correct IP address of the copier.

lckrehbiel
01-05-2015, 01:44 AM
Thanks for your help guys. Long story short, the IP address on the copy machine had somehow gotten changed. After clearing that up I was good to go. It's beyond me how that ip address had gotten changed..... Thanks again!!

Custom Search