PDA

View Full Version : C3850 display issue but won't print either

Custom Search

wseyller
12-30-2014, 01:18 AM
Has about 13k on it installed in Oct.

The copier sounds normal during boot up but there is no life from the control panel except if you press the sub power button it will beep so it is getting some power.

Reseat connector on control panel and MFP board no help.

I can ping the device. So I try a test print from printer properties and I see the job in the drivers queue and then it disappears but nothing happens at the copier.

At one point I was on Pagescope web connection to look at count and ROM version and it stopped working giving page could not be displayed. I didn't think to ping but instead just rebooted and once it came back up it was fine again. Try another test print but the same as before.

Controller version is newest and engine is 1400 but newest is 1700.

I decided to download and try to install controller and engine firmware blindly by using the Direct Print feature in the Web Connection as will accept the PRN files for firmware upgrades. Progress bar showed it loading on the web browser and each time the copier rebooted. Not sure if any firmware updated or not but the engine version stayed the same.

I disconnected the HDD and powered on but no help.

Copier does not have any external memory modules.

Normally I would start with replacing the control panel but the other symptoms have me thinking MFP board.

SmellsHot
12-30-2014, 03:17 AM
I had two of these with the same symptoms. One needed a new mfpb and the other needed the memory module "nvram"

wseyller
12-31-2014, 01:32 AM
I tried a new MFP board today but didn't make any difference. KMBS wants me to try a control panel before I can order an SSD.

wseyller
01-03-2015, 12:01 AM
A new control panel corrected this issue. The copier booted up to the CE password into extra service mode. I noticed the firmware version showed a lower version than before. I had to flash the newest controller version to get it to boot normally.

EarthKmTech
01-06-2015, 07:56 AM
I currently have a C3350 that refuses to boot.

Black screen and orange start button.

Could occasionally get into extra service mode. Panel worked fine.
Most of the time would also boot up if HDD was disconnected and throw HDD code, could then operate normal service mode etc and panel worked perfectly.

Tried another HDD wouldnt even start up in extra service mode with it plugged in and since then wont start in any way shape or form.

Trying a new MFP tomorrow.

IS the SSD board the spare part orderable under the fax card ? A3GNR71011

wseyller
01-06-2015, 12:34 PM
My next choice would have likely been to request ssd but never got to that point. I am curious too. The MFP board has an EPROM chip on it so I wonder is nvram is there instead.

EarthKmTech
01-07-2015, 12:16 PM
I replaced my mfp board according the the SM and all is well again.

The new board comes with a serial eeprom (microchip 25AA512, nothing exciting on it already read the data off it) which you only have installed for the first boot in order to go into the service mode to activate data restoration mode - you then power off and install the original eeprom and wait for the error and restart again and job done.

The SSD is for once a standard part which in theory could be backed up with a laptop & usb mini pcie ssd adapter to prevent having to order them and be able to fix them in the field. I will investigate what is on the new one I ordered as a spare part.

Custom Search