PDA

View Full Version : Scan to Email works for certain addresses only

Custom Search

ksantucci
12-31-2014, 05:40 PM
Hi. I have a Bizhub C450 and we're having a strange issue with our scan-to-email.

It will send perfectly to emails from our company's main address (blank@companyname.com works), but won't send to anything else. blank@sistercompany.com or blank@gmail.com errors out.

Is there an admin setting to okay addresses? I'm going through all the settings but I'm not finding anything.

Thanks.

blackcat4866
12-31-2014, 09:29 PM
If you're scanning via port 25, most likely the enduser's IT has limited the recipient destinations to xxx@companyname.com

It's up to the local IT to change their policy if they want emails to leave the domain. =^..^=

KenB
12-31-2014, 09:39 PM
Blackcat is right :).

The customer's IT needs to allow SMTP Relay on their email server.

Not an MFP setting.

wseyller
12-31-2014, 11:19 PM
Some company's purposely do this to only allow email sent to within the domain only for security reasons

blackcat4866
12-31-2014, 11:37 PM
Some company's purposely do this to only allow email sent to within the domain only for security reasons

The idea here is that some employee could anonymously send out a contraversial document, with no way of tracking back who sent it. If the only doorway to the outside world is via a specific email, that person must tag the document with their sender's address. =^..^=

ksantucci
01-08-2015, 09:38 PM
I'm sorry for taking so long to respond. The New Years has put a big kink in operations. I've told the manager that handles the email settings (we're too small to have a proper IT dept) and we'll try that solution once this start of year crunch is past.

Thanks for the help.

Custom Search