PDA

View Full Version : Konica Minolta 2300dl toner issue.

Custom Search

Necrocannibal
05-02-2008, 04:52 PM
Hello all first post here, stumbled on this forum looking for info on this problem. I posted it in the other brand printer forum but thought it might be better here.

Anyway brand new yellow cartridge, not refilled, and it says yellow toner is at 0% and will not go away. Im thinking it might just be a bad cartridge but dont want to have to buy one to find out. Is there anything anyone knows about this problem or should I just get one?

Thanks
Wayne

stacyrf
05-02-2008, 09:07 PM
I want to say those toner units are fused, by that I mean there is a fuse that blows once you put it into a machine that resets the counter and tells the machine that it has a new toner unit in it. I could be wrong though, I don't have any of those machines in the field.

907tec
05-02-2008, 09:46 PM
are these oem or 3rd party toner carts? these toners use a small chip (ds2431, i think), that maintains a page count/toner level as well as recognizing it's installation in the machine. some of the 3rd party carts that we have seen do not include the toner level function, but are still operable. are you able to print, even though it reads 0%?. you could try swapping the chip from one cart to the other, to see if that has any impact.

Scott_Lewis
05-03-2008, 03:08 AM
I've seen this before, maybe this model, probably other models.

Anyway, I have had limited success with putting the old one back in the machine, then reinstalling the new one after cycling power and 'exercising' the printer. Before swapping the units, try reseating the cartridge and/or power cycling first. If the cartridge is fused then you will need to do some 'repairs'.

DadO
05-05-2008, 06:59 AM
I have same problem but whit ciyan. Didn't try whit reinstalling firmware but my problems started whit a new one 286firm i loaded
Reinstalled old cartridge but problem stays
Check the reflector on the cartridge and sensor that measure it ( try to clean it) since i didn't :rolleyes:

Try firmware :
http://crm01.konicaminolta.eu/openmind/technic/kmpsdwl.nsf/psearch?OpenForm&ch=PRI&dist=BPE&ui=en&dg=fw&prod=&dsg=&os=&lang=&ml=0&rid=&sub=&pcat=&pcc=0

Hansoon
05-05-2008, 07:12 AM
The Magicolor 2300DL (if thats the one you mean) uses in every cartridge a lever with a small mirror on top to recognize the presence of a new cartridge. As soon as the machine starts its first cycle the mirror is pushed out of sight of the sensor sitting in the machine thereby initializing the machine. Just remove the back cover of the cartridge to see how it works and than you will know too how to reset it after you refilled the cartridge. After some practicing you will be able to reset it even without removing the back of the cartridge. I never had your problem but could imagine the the sensor in the machine is knocked out of place or dirty. Could imagine when you cycle the new unit by hand that you set off the mirror before accidentally. Hans ..............................................BTW How in heaven one can start a new line ("carriage return") in this board? Everything is sticked after each other no matter how often I start a new line?? Hans......................OMG see my parentheses turned into a quote? What a mess.

DadO
05-08-2008, 01:05 PM
Give us a feedback on problem :)

Custom Search