PDA

View Full Version : minolta ep3050 paper drawer won't open

Custom Search

lgottman
05-02-2008, 06:40 PM
The letter size paper drawer on my Minolta ep3050 will not open.
Is there an overide or reset for this?
Thanks

stacyrf
05-02-2008, 07:36 PM
Well it really depends on how technically inclined you are. The release is on the right side as you are facing the machine. If you take off the right side cover, with a flashlight you will see (sort of) the latch on the front part of the drawer, beneath the drawer. You have to push that latch up to release the drawer.

lgottman
05-02-2008, 08:03 PM
Thanks I will give that a try.
I just got this machine for free and I am trying to figure out if it is worth investing money into it.
At the very least I have to get toner so I plan on cleaning it before asking it to do much.
Thanks again.

Mark B
05-02-2008, 08:48 PM
There is a hole in the back to stick a screwdriver into and that releases the solinod

stacyrf
05-02-2008, 09:05 PM
I thought the hole was in the front/side of the machine like an ep 2080 where the latch is. am i wrong?

Scott_Lewis
05-03-2008, 03:00 AM
There is a hole in the back to stick a screwdriver into and that releases the solinod

I think if you take another look at this drawer, you will find the latch mechanism is all located at the front.

cobiray
05-03-2008, 05:18 PM
Mark is talking about the large capacity tray (i.e. tray 3 only). There is a release on the rear of the machine (bottom left corner I think) to open the tray manually. The standard trays (1 and 2) and (I think) the 3 and 4 tray stands are released from the right side.

Ah analog machines. Back when times were simpler.:rolleyes:

Scott_Lewis
05-05-2008, 06:47 AM
Mark is talking about the large capacity tray (i.e. tray 3 only). There is a release on the rear of the machine (bottom left corner I think) to open the tray manually. The standard trays (1 and 2) and (I think) the 3 and 4 tray stands are released from the right side.

Ah analog machines. Back when times were simpler.:rolleyes:

So easy to get fixated on an interpretation of a question. First thing that came to mind was drawers 1/2. Of course, the original question wasn't specific about drawer number. Did say 'letter size'.

[I've] got to be a little more nimble in my thinking....... I defer to Mark_B :o:o

Custom Search