PDA

View Full Version : 4 series b&w with c-9401 scan lamp error.. help

Custom Search

padedwalls
01-05-2015, 06:51 PM
Firmware up to date! Scan lamp pulled out of home & goes home, illuminates. So lamp ok! Reseated connections on boards. Other causes? Sorry guys, just stepping back to KM after yrs away :-(

Mr. Breaker
01-05-2015, 08:49 PM
Two possible causes:
1) Damage to the CCD flat-cable by the spring plate (V500020069 Clamp, A161N14401 CCD cable);
2) Select the right type when writing firmware.

Best Regards,

Mr. Breaker

padedwalls
01-05-2015, 11:02 PM
Two possible causes:
1) Damage to the CCD flat-cable by the spring plate (V500020069 Clamp, A161N14401 CCD cable);

Best Regards,

Mr. Breaker

Felt like I was chasing my tail (getting no where). I was up in the optics checking things then document feeder white reference roller. I kept getting the code until I left document feeder up while cycling power (thought I had already done that) & machine went to ready. Uncertain why it was coding thus disabling scanning!

padedwalls
01-05-2015, 11:07 PM
Two possible causes:

Best Regards,

Mr. Breaker

Felt like I was chasing my tail (getting no where). I was up in the optics checking things then document feeder white reference roller. I kept getting the code until I left document feeder up while cycling power (thought I had already done that) & machine went to ready. Uncertain why it was coding thus disabling scanning!

padedwalls
01-07-2015, 12:35 AM
Came back in for service, assumed it would as its been intermittent. Are those part numbers only relative to european models? Not the numbers I'm finding in my manuals (USA). It's for the black & white 654e. What parts are you speaking of? See attachments

Assuming scanner lamp error is due to CCD reporting no lamp illumination (though mine is) during white reference checking ????

Mr. Breaker
01-07-2015, 07:36 AM
Came back in for service, assumed it would as its been intermittent. Are those part numbers only relative to european models? Not the numbers I'm finding in my manuals (USA). It's for the black & white 654e. What parts are you speaking of? See attachments

Assuming scanner lamp error is due to CCD reporting no lamp illumination (though mine is) during white reference checking ????
Sorry, it turns out, I've given you the wrong information :mad:, the information provided is valid for C models (my mistake, sorry for that). The BH654e has another ccd cable...

padedwalls
01-07-2015, 11:32 AM
So the likely cause (if lamp is coming on) of C-9401 is the CCD cable regardless of model?
You just looked up wrong model's part number?
I would go assist with KM but I have yet to get my KM tech number supplied to me. I even have problems with my KM tech SSD bouncing me out! Reactivation of my old tech account with KM has not happened without issue. My usual luck :-(

kingarthur
01-07-2015, 02:12 PM
Its the RADF cable, there's a bulletin for the RADF on the colour m/c, the DF701, which is probably why when you leave the RADF open, you don't get the error code, can't find the bulletin right now, will let you know more if i find it

Mr. Breaker
01-07-2015, 07:35 PM
Its the RADF cable, there's a bulletin for the RADF on the colour m/c, the DF701, which is probably why when you leave the RADF open, you don't get the error code, can't find the bulletin right now, will let you know more if i find it
https://db.tt/ws8qh0wf
My documentation only makes notice of C9403 or C9404, guess C9401, is also possible...

padedwalls
01-07-2015, 07:37 PM
Ours as well. To the best of my knowledge my code is scanner lamp related not CIS (contact image sensor) in single pass/dual scan ADF. We've yet to see C-9401 issues

padedwalls
01-24-2015, 05:47 AM
This is a CCD failure. Four have taken place at a major account (diff locations). C9401/02 are "front side" image (scanner... glass) & C9403/04 are "rear side" (ADF CIS). We've had the 03/04 & indeed it's been the cable. Not fun to replace (routing) from what I hear.
Thanks for reply!

Custom Search