PDA

View Full Version : Jamming Bizhub 362 jams when feeding landscape but not portrait

Custom Search

richmods
01-07-2015, 09:39 PM
Hello,

I have a weird issue with a Bizhub 362. The doc feeder (DF-620) jams everytime you try to feed it using landscape orientation but never jams when you feed it portrait style. I have verified that there are no obstructions in the paper path by manually feeding a piece of paper through it. I have tried adjusting the hinge screws and I have cleaned the photo sensors, pads, and feed tires. The jam occurs on the backside...the frontside looks like it would pass fine if it wasnt getting hung up on the back side. I am going back tomorrow with a new photo sensor but I am not convinced that is the issue...am I wrong?

Thanks

Don N.
01-08-2015, 12:54 AM
Hello,

The jam occurs on the backside...the frontside looks like it would pass fine if it wasnt getting hung up on the back side.

Thanks

I'm confused. Can you pass single sided pages?

blackcat4866
01-08-2015, 01:00 AM
What jam codes? =^..^=

richmods
01-08-2015, 02:24 AM
I'm confused. Can you pass single sided pages?

Yes, if you feed it short side first. It will not feed long side first.

richmods
01-08-2015, 02:25 AM
What jam codes? =^..^=

I am not getting any code...just a message saying there is a misfeed.

allan
01-08-2015, 05:05 AM
Paper size sensors? Get the code from service mode.

copier addict
01-08-2015, 02:16 PM
I think you have your "portrait" and "landscape" terminology mixed up. SEF is landscape, LEF is portrait.
Is the paper getting crinkled when it jams, or, is it just stopping?
If it is crinkling, check for something in the paper path. If no crinkling, check sensors.
Hope this helps.

richmods
01-08-2015, 09:04 PM
I think you have your "portrait" and "landscape" terminology mixed up. SEF is landscape, LEF is portrait.
Is the paper getting crinkled when it jams, or, is it just stopping?
If it is crinkling, check for something in the paper path. If no crinkling, check sensors.
Hope this helps.

it stops before it hits the glass and then crinkles as the feed roller tries to feed it through. I have already verified there is nothing in the paper path by manually passing a single sheet through using the green wheel. I also replaced the photo sensor next to the feed roller. the really weird thing (at least to me) is that I can run SEF all day long without an issue.

blackcat4866
01-08-2015, 11:08 PM
I am not getting any code...just a message saying there is a misfeed.

Have you printed off the Management List? It will shows all jams ... including DF jams. It's a valuable tool in troubleshooting jamming. Any jamming.
=^..^=

copier addict
01-08-2015, 11:34 PM
I am guessing the rear of the DF is too high. Close the DF and check the gab between the DF and the scanner bed. It should be even.
Also check the white guide on the underside of the DF and make sure it hasn't bent upwards.

Custom Search