PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous Little clarity please...

Custom Search

Mitch Barron
01-08-2015, 02:36 PM
Greetings all. I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and a Fantastic slide into the new year! I know I sure did.

I appologize for asking this on here but I am not getting anywhere with the people at our distributor. They merged with a larger company now and since then we are just a number to them. I received this notice with the newest firmware for the "e" series and it doesn't make much sense to me. I checked under device information and my version on my machine is version 5 so I assume I have chosen the correct notice, but I am unsure about the following steps. If someone could clarify this. I am still new to this game and don't want to mess anything up.

What is a loadable driver?? (is it also firmware??)

How do I delete a loadable driver in service mode?

How do I install loadable driver for version 7?

Software Switch setting I have found, but I am unaware of what it does. I realize this sounds completely noob, but if someone could spare a few moments and clarify the steps I need to take I would be very grateful.

I
Firmware upgrading procedure from Function Version5 to Function Version7
1. If the Loadable Driver for Function Version5 has been already installed, delete it in Service Mode.
2. Install the Firmware for Function Version7 to MFP.
3. Turn OFF/ON the main switch.
4. Change Software Switch Setting to the following in Service Mode.
Switch No.: 25
HEX Assignment: 60
5. Turn OFF/ON the main switch.
6. Install Loadable Driver for Function Version7 to MFP

All the Best! And Thanks!!

The Noob

allan
01-08-2015, 04:08 PM
A loadable device driver is like a driver for your sound card on you pc it needs to be installed on the machine to comunicate with aditional hardware that it conected via the usb host port on the machine. Like the AU-102 (finger vain authentication unit), AU-201 (IC card reader) or even a normal pc keybord.

To load the driver there is diverent ways to go about it for difrent machines like the B36 use .exe file that needs to be installed from the admin menu or the cXXX(e) range that needs to be installed from the service menu.

The manual do give the procedure to install the drivers and the files sometimes do come out with release notes.

The one u are looking for: goto service mode > system 2 > goto second screen and look for "install driver"

not sure how to remove on the e range but doing a format on the hard drive will do the job. Then you need to re-install the movie data(animation data)

As for the function versions i hope someone can clarify for the both of us. I only needed to do ver 3 to ver 6 to get airprint to work

what do you need to do?

Custom Search