PDA

View Full Version : c450 howto access the web config page and internal HDD

Custom Search

scarmardo
05-03-2008, 11:45 PM
I'm having a problem getting the copier web config interface to come up.

The copier is connected to the network through the IC-402 controller, which gets an IP address via DHCP of 192.168.0.xxx

The copier also has a standard controller installed, and there is a network cable running to it from the IC-402. I'm not sure if this is standard, but the machine is branded as an HP 9835mfp... I was told it was a standard c450 with all the options which HP tested but did not release.

I'm trying to be able to access boxes on the Copier HDD, but can't get the twain scanning from the driver do not seem to work, reporting "Destination Device Not Supported" when you try to connect to the IC-402 ip address.

Is there another way to access the copier's internal HDD other than TWAIN?

I just bought this copier and am kindof stuck with access the webpage or accessing to the copier internal HDD. Any suggestions or help would be much appreciated.

cobiray
05-04-2008, 03:17 AM
I don't believe you can use the TWAIN scanning with the IC-402 installed. I could be wrong, since we don't TWAIN scan, but I think you can only SMB, FTP or email scans with the Fiery installed. I also think you loose the use of the destination boxes with it installed.

As far as the web page goes, it can be accessed by inputing the I.P. address in your web browser. This should bring up the standard web page and on the left column there should be an icon for the Fiery.

There should be another larger cable going from the Fiery to the main box also. Maybe 50 pins or so? If you don't have both cables you probably won't get the web page, though I've never tried it.

If you've got an "i" icon or a "?" icon or a "!" icon in the lower left or right column (sorry I forget which) you've got a connection. Pressing the icon will get you into the Fiery menu. If not you're not properly set up.

scarmardo
05-04-2008, 03:47 AM
When I navigate to the IP address of the copier, it does not come up... just a 400 error.

The fiery boots up, and displays the "i", I can check its status, and everything is ok, just idling.

I've tried to get into the setup routine for the fiery, but I don't have the password, and without a web interface to upload the password.ps file into, I'm not able to figure out what the password is.

Is there a default fiery controller password?

cobiray
05-04-2008, 08:16 PM
The default password is "Fiery.1". You could also print out a config page to make sure the web services is enabled. If it's not enabled you will get the standard error for the web browser.

cobiray
05-04-2008, 08:41 PM
The password may be "12345678" also. I'm having a mental cramp on passwords right now. The newer versions are as in the previous post, but depending on your OS version on the Fiery it may be one or the other.

Rene
05-05-2008, 03:26 PM
The default setup password of the fiery is Fiery.1
Mind the big F at the beginning.

With me it most of the time worked better with firefox than with the Microsoft Internet Explorer.
If you still can´t open the web interface try it with a newer version of your java applets and check your firewall.

Is it possible to ping the printer?

scarmardo
05-05-2008, 09:12 PM
I'm really impressed with the quality of the responses on this forum. Everyone is very helpful and they know what they are talking about, thanks!

I was able to login to the IC-402 controller and check the settings with the password "Fiery.1"... thanks!

The web interface is enabled.

When I enter 192.168.0.159 it redirects me to this address:

http://192.168.0.159:8080/index.html?controllerIP=192.168.0.159

I have the Java Runtime loaded on my computer, and applets generally load without a problem (other than for security)... but its not even trying to load an applet as there is no page being delivery by the web server on port 8080.

I am able to ping and communicate with the IP, and the webserver is running (because it redirects me)... however when that address loads in the browser a "400 HTTP Bad Request" error is returned.

I'm not running a firewall on my computer, and it is a hardwire connection. I've have tested it from a wireless notebook also, and it does the same thing.

cobiray
05-06-2008, 04:21 AM
The only time I've had issues with getting into the embedded web page in the past has been a Java related issue. However, I was still able to get into the basic web page which is not Java enhanced. If you have it available, try a different OS (2k vs. XP vs Vista) or at least another version of internet browser (IE vs. Firefox).

Also, I've not try to access it from Vista as of yet, so I have no experience with it.

Scott_Lewis
05-06-2008, 04:35 AM
I have the Java Runtime loaded on my computer, and applets generally load without a problem (other than for security)... but its not even trying to load an applet as there is no page being delivery by the web server on port 8080.

I am able to ping and communicate with the IP, and the webserver is running (because it redirects me)... however when that address loads in the browser a "400 HTTP Bad Request" error is returned.

I'm not running a firewall on my computer, and it is a hardwire connection. I've have tested it from a wireless notebook also, and it does the same thing.

I've spent the last 20 minutes looking and can't find a fiery users manual on my home computer. Somewhere in the user manual it describes a couple of security settings that need to be changed to allow the java enabled web pages to show up. If you can see the opening page of the fiery and not others as you drill down then it most likely is security. I've never had to upgrade java to work with the fiery. It's always browser security and bypassing proxy server.

lucky13
05-09-2008, 04:04 AM
try fire fox web browser. IE 7.0+ does not play well with KM web interface and also turn off pop up blocker.worth a try

Prandstaetter_Markus
05-09-2008, 02:17 PM
Maybe this will help you?

Please be noticed that this information was originally issued for a specific market only and may not be applicable to your market.
TAUS0654857EN00

[I]Publisher
[Company] BUS [Group] BUS_ISS
Contents
[Original Doc. No.] [Open Date] 30.07.2006 14:21:11 [Doc. Language] English [Doc. Priority] Normal
[Product Name] IC-402
[Option] [Subject] An End User is unable to connect to PageScope Web Connection (PSWC) from Client PC, even though Enable Web Service is set as Yes. [Description]
An End User is unable to connect to PageScope Web Connection (PSWC) from Client PC, even though Enable Web Service is set as Yes.

[Solution]

CAUSE: The system software installed on the IC402 from the factory is currently programmed with a future date. When setting up the IC-402 system ver2.0, the bizhub C450/C351 has the current date, and the system software on the IC-402 as previously mentioned has a future date. This creates a conflict between the IC-402 and the C450/C351 main body, which will not allow the PageScope Web Connection program to install.

SOLUTION: Install the "1-OGZ5K" patch to system. Once the patch is installed, reboot
the system. For a more detailed installation procedure, please refer to the
How_to_install_for_exe_type_patch_file.pdf file, located on the S.S.D. FTP site at
Color_Products/System_Code/IC-402_Controller/2.0_Patches
See Bulletin 5473 for further details.

Custom Search