PDA

View Full Version : BH36 C901 error code

Custom Search

splblazer91
01-11-2015, 08:24 PM
Anyone have a fix for this? I have changed MFP, SSD and PRCB already.
C901 is a counter error. It only shows on the display not on the event log.

allan
01-11-2015, 09:27 PM
Where did you get the info on the code?

I had a machine with the same problem, but my manual does not show the code. Calling tech support did not help me aswell. Replacing the MFPB and the SSD at the same time fixed it and i claimed the parts with no issue. The machine was in the field for a couple of days and warranty was in working.

We struggled with alot of these machine. They were otherwise DOA or would work only for a couple of days the problems was always PSU, MFPB or the SSD.

splblazer91
01-11-2015, 11:11 PM
I called tech support and they told me what the code was. It wasnt in my manual either. Did you rewrite the old ssd info to the new ssd board or did you just swap it and lose your counter information?
I think me next step will be to swap the mfp and ssd board without doing the rewrite. I will lose my counter info but maybe it will work.

allan
01-12-2015, 12:01 AM
Yes i did lose the count on the machine only made it to 6k, but its a quick admin fix. I think the SSD was still ok its in my drawer at the office, they gave me another ssd with no paperwork. They wanted the MFPB back.

You can try to do the backup and restore or just leave the ssd in to check what it does.
Remember to write the serial number to the new board.

I did not really care about the counter info at that time because this model of machine had me sick and tired by then.

At Least it is possible to swop to things at the same time with this machines not like the hellish procedure the e-range machines require.

splblazer91
01-12-2015, 12:40 AM
I know what you mean. The BH36/42 and C35/C3850 are all terrible. Constant board or scanner issues.

allan
01-12-2015, 12:46 AM
C3850 did not give me any problems yet. They fixed the scanner with the led's did they not? Even The C35's i have does a great job without issues.
Just lift the scanner rails on your B36/42 with about .5 to 1mm using paper and the calibration problem magically disappears.

splblazer91
01-12-2015, 01:50 AM
Yes. Mainly firmware issues with the C3850. C35s give the c9401 code a lot and have issues with transfer belts.

JR2ALTA
01-12-2015, 02:10 AM
Yes. Mainly firmware issues with the C3850. C35s give the c9401 code a lot and have issues with transfer belts.

yes are sure its not the common 9401??

this is the scanner (optical) unit. you can get the whole unit under warranty but now konica will sell just the lamps due to this common failures

splblazer91
01-12-2015, 02:16 AM
yes are sure its not the common 9401??

this is the scanner (optical) unit. you can get the whole unit under warranty but now konica will sell just the lamps due to this common failures

correct. you have to replace the lamp and belt before they will authorize the whole scanner unit.

splblazer91
01-12-2015, 02:28 AM
I dont think they replace the scanners for free anymore either.

allan
01-12-2015, 05:06 AM
C3850 did not give me any problems yet. They fixed the scanner with the led's did they not? Even The C35's i have does a great job without issues.
Just lift the scanner rails on your B36/42 with about .5 to 1mm using paper and the calibration problem magically disappears.

Try the pushing down on the plastic bit between the slit glass and the platen glass. If it then completes the white balance correction lift the scanner rails as above fix more than four of those C9401 this way. I received that instruction from tech support. Does not affect the focus in any noticeable way.

allan
01-12-2015, 05:09 AM
Did any of you noticed the moisture buildup on the rear stainless steel rail on this scanner units. You can dry it up and it would simply reappear.

splblazer91
01-22-2015, 03:25 AM
Allan,
Im going out to work on this machine tomorrow so i wanna make sure i understand you correctly. you replaced the mfp and ssd at the same time with brand new parts and didnt re-write any of the old ssd info to the new board or new ssd? did you get an error code when you powered on and did you have to update firmware?
THANKS!

allan
01-22-2015, 05:15 AM
Like i said first replace only the MFPB with the old SSD and see how that goes. I cant remember if the machine returned an error code after replacement. If it does it would be noted in the manual for board replacement like some of the other models. The machine has an EEPROM on the PRCB with the engine data on it, not sure what other data is on there.

allan
01-22-2015, 05:21 AM
Ok i did check the manual, make sure you take a copy. You need to do the SSD backup and an error code will follow C900 for ok and C907 for faulty SSD in that case i would reinstall the old board with new ssd to test. Follow the manual on this one. Seems straight forward. The serial rewrite info follows the MFPB replacement procedure also remember to have the latest base firmware as well as the serial rewrite files.

Mark the old SSD.

Good luck

splblazer91
01-24-2015, 03:26 AM
I still havent made it out there. Had a 40 machine install start this week. I have followed the steps in the manual previously and re-wrote the old ssd data to the new MFPB and then to the new SSD and i think that may be my problem. Corrupt SSD data.

allan
01-24-2015, 05:10 AM
I you are worried about that just swop both at the same time on this model you can.

Custom Search