PDA

View Full Version : bizhub 600 code 203

Custom Search

fixthecopier
05-04-2008, 03:01 AM
One of my new installs { about 5 weeks old } has thrown up a code 203 { lift on tray 2 } about 5 or 6 times now. When I get there, the tray is empty and the pissed off customer says he tried everything I showed him and it wouldn't clear. I reset the code with no problem and of course it won't repeat. Last time I was there, I swapped the feed unit with one on the other 600 in the room, to see if the code moves or stays. Any ideas?

RockETop
05-04-2008, 04:12 AM
One of my new installs { about 5 weeks old } has thrown up a code 203 { lift on tray 2 } about 5 or 6 times now. When I get there, the tray is empty and the pissed off customer says he tried everything I showed him and it wouldn't clear. I reset the code with no problem and of course it won't repeat. Last time I was there, I swapped the feed unit with one on the other 600 in the room, to see if the code moves or stays. Any ideas?

What firmware level is the machine at?

fixthecopier
05-04-2008, 04:46 AM
Can't say til I go back. On a brand new machine, my focus was on something loose or not installed properly, or damage from the cheap labor we hired to deliver them. They completely destroyed the stacker on the other machine and broke the doors on both sorters. Nothing like crackhead temp services.

ni311
05-04-2008, 11:59 AM
I believe the customer is to blame. Check if he/she didn't load the tray with paper between the paper guide and the left side of the tray. This is only possible only if the customer it using small paper formats (like letter / A4) in that tray. If the tray is loaded with lots of paper in both directions of the guide, the lift up motor cannot handle it and go into error code.

fixthecopier
05-04-2008, 03:13 PM
Believe me, I will always trust my machine before I will the customer, however this is one of those customers you have to handle very gentle. He knows the end users are idiots, the machine gets paper put in it when it runs out on someone doing a copy job and they will steal it out of another machine, but he will also use logic on me, such as why the other bizhub 600 in the room doesn't code. I know the most simple fix would be for someone in the building to make sure the machine is properly loaded with paper each day, but that would be smart and this is a military base. There are two machines in the room so logic dictates that if one works then the other is my problem no mater how simple it is. In a lot of cases where I have 2 copiers in one room, I won't get the call until both break down. It's all good though. Dumbasses putting paper in copiers and jacking up the whole machine,has paid my bills for 8 years. Still my number 1 call.

Custom Search